PDA

View Full Version : MS Movie maker playback problem with colours

sarah hk
11-26-2008, 04:42 AM
I have created a slide show in movie maker and on the preview itis fine but as soon as I save it on my PC the playback becomes technicolured. Does anyone know how I can keep the quality of the colours intact or what is causing this problem. I really need some help.
Thanks

Sarah

narobe
11-29-2008, 12:08 AM
You have some options to save the movie with higher quality values, save it in various formats and compare them to see the differences.

sarah hk
11-29-2008, 05:17 AM
Actually I have tried many things before posting for help but I cannot get the colurs to playback correctly. If I find the key I will post it here becasue it is mystery!!

Sarah

narobe
11-29-2008, 10:16 AM
What type of extension is your Raw work and to what are you trying to compres it ?

davidundalicia
11-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Hola narobe...........nice to see you around the forums again.

sarah hk
12-02-2008, 03:01 AM
What type of extension is your Raw work and to what are you trying to compres it ?

I am using the images form a camera so the pictures are in jpg format I presume. I was preparing a slideshow for school not an actual "video"
I would appreciate your help as it is easy to use.

Sarah

narobe
12-04-2008, 07:32 AM
The only thing that I can figure out is that perhaps your jpgs from the camera have been made at a very low resolution. I did a test with jpgs at 1 mb and used the default settings and it works ok for me.
What size do the jpgs have?

narobe
12-05-2008, 07:14 AM
Hi david, just seen your message.

sarah hk
12-10-2008, 05:55 AM
Sorry I have been busy I haven't answered the question yet!. well ignorance is bliss and I am not sure how to find out the size of the jpgs. Does it tell you on the camera? Its a **** cybershot T300 But another point is that the title page onn the first slide which is text also colours up in the same way.

The only thing that I can figure out is that perhaps your jpgs from the camera have been made at a very low resolution. I did a test with jpgs at 1 mb and used the default settings and it works ok for me.
What size do the jpgs have?

narobe
12-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Well I'm a ********* user, don't know much about **** camaras. (****).
A simple way to figure it out is right clicking on a photo, goto properties, you will see how many bytes it has, and if you click ont the details tab it will give you the size in pixels and resolution. Which as a standerd should be around 72ppp