HELP!!!! Wedding in peril!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!!! Wedding in peril!

I set up a form for my daughter's wedding RSVP page and all works perfectly. However, I used a wrong email address for their RSVP responses. This is a non-exsistent address as I messed up the letters. Now, I can't retrieve them.

My question: Is there any way to get to these through the cPanel or somewhere? I'm desperate because there already been several responses and we don't know from whom.

HELP!!!

Re: HELP!!!! Wedding in peril!

I can only suggest that you change the email address on your form(if you havnt already done it)
    and then add a textbox requesting that any emails sent to date, be resent.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I am guessing you know who you emailed, so set up a new address as david suggests, then email everyone apologising and say please if you have responded already can you resend.

I am sure they will all understand.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

There were no emails sent. The invitations were sent out through snail mail, the traditional way. They were asked to respond through the web site with user name and a password (they all used the same ones). So, I don't have a list of emails.

Comment

Sorry I mis read... ahh ok.... Well it might unfortunately be a case of a night on the telephone calling around.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Probably, you can retrieve them through your webmail!

You see, when sending out an email to a non existing email adress, the server (usually) recieves back a Delivery Failure notification.

Since the mails from the form are sent through your OWN mailserver, these messages SHOULD exist in your default email address in webmail (which is cp_username@yourdomain.com )

Go in your webmail and check it.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
              Probably, you can retrieve them through your webmail!

You see, when sending out an email to a non existing email adress, the server (usually) recieves back a Delivery Failure notification.

Since the mails from the form are sent through your OWN mailserver, these messages SHOULD exist in your default email address in webmail (which is cp_username@yourdomain.com )

Go in your webmail and check it.
              Thanks for the info. I'm not sure how to get there through Cpanel. I have several domains that I am using and I don't know where to go to get to this specific default address.

Comment

When you go in webmail, in CP, you see ALL your email addresses. The specific one is the DEFAULT one, which is cp_username (what ever that is) @ yourMAINdomain.com

However, following the above steps, go in CP and then in Read Webmail, then login in Horde. Since no email account was selected, Horde will automatically take you to the default account.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Just set up the email account you used in the invites.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

When you go in webmail, in CP, you see ALL your email addresses. The specific one is the DEFAULT one, which is cp_username (what ever that is) @ yourMAINdomain.com

However, following the above steps, go in CP and then in Read Webmail, then login in Horde. Since no email account was selected, Horde will automatically take you to the default account.
                    I see what you are saying but I don't see the list of email addresses when I log in to cp and click webmail. It takes me to a specific address. I'm not remembering how to get to other email addresses.

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost View Post
                      Just set up the email account you used in the invites.
                      It was originally intended to go to an email address that has nothing to do with this domain name. It was supposed to go to her email address at school.

Comment

Hi,

I don't see how to help you more. If you wish contact me or anyoneone of the other moderators in this forum, providing your login details, so he see if he can retrieve these emails for you.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Hi,

I don't see how to help you more. If you wish contact me or anyoneone of the other moderators in this forum, providing your login details, so he see if he can retrieve these emails for you.
                          Sorry for my inabilities. How can I contact you?

Comment

Contact me here
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Contact me here
                              Thanks. Message sent.

Comment

Working...
                              X