Setting up my website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up my website

I have 3 problems with I need some guidance with. My website is one that streams video. I use in the main windows media, but like to update to flash video.
    1.I note with the bluevoda website builder that the flash settings is gear up for .swf flash rather than .flv. Is there a way of using the latter?
    2.How can I configure my website (while using bluevoda website builder) to be user friendly to firefox browser
    3.How can my viewer select another video (and load a new page in the middle of watching a video) .ie load a new page and cancel the old page. Just to expand. I find that if I load a new video with a new page, a tab is created and the browers is now playing bother videos. One from the orginal, and secondly for the new page.

You help is really needed.

Re: Setting up my website

Originally posted by georgep View Post
    I have 3 problems with I need some guidance with. My website is one that streams video. I use in the main windows media, but like to update to flash video.
    1.I note with the bluevoda website builder that the flash settings is gear up for .swf flash rather than .flv. Is there a way of using the latter?

Use a flv to swf flash converter, loads of free ones, search for them on Google
    2.How can I configure my website (while using bluevoda website builder) to be user friendly to firefox browser

Instal Firefox and use it to preview your site in as you build, Change your site layout as required.

3.How can my viewer select another video (and load a new page in the middle of watching a video) .ie load a new page and cancel the old page. Just to expand. I find that if I load a new video with a new page, a tab is created and the browers is now playing bother videos. One from the orginal, and secondly for the new page.

Set your page up so the viewer doesn't have the option to load more than one video at a time? Why would someone want to load a second video in the middle of watching the first?

You help is really needed.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you for such a quick reply. I do have a converter. But when I convert to .swf, the quailty is well below par, when conpared to .flv, that is whay i was asking is the a way to use .flv.

Thanks about firefox, I will try.

How to I set the page up to stop the option of loading more than one page at a time.?

Comment

It could be that the converter is not a good one. I convert to swf al lthe time and quality seems fine. I use wondershare, you might want to try that.

I would have to see your site to fully understand your last question.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks again for reply so fast. I was simply asking --How do I do this?

Your advice was for me: "Set your page up so the viewer doesn't have the option to load more than one video at a time?"

I was simply asking --How do I do this?

Comment

If you have one of those viewers that has many videos listed within it then the option to start more than one video at a time can't be stopped... Let's just hope that your visitors have enough inside their brains to understand if they play more than one video at a time then they will hear more than one recording?

Comment

Thanks again

So are you saying there is no way to solve this problem, apart from hoping my viewers have brains.

I suspect there is a soultion, but not skilled enough to work it out.

Comment

Well... If I go to youtube, I can click on two, three, four videos if I like.. doesn't sound very good if I do...

So if Google (who own youtube) can't find a solution, what chance is there for us?

Comment

You have a point there. I will set it up and give you the link for your comments. But I would rather send you the link via na email rather than in this open forum.

Thanks again...... you bring hope. without hope there is only dispair.

Comment

Send me a link via email sure... I'll have a look, it may well be that I am misunderstanding you , but without seeing I can't tell.

Comment

my email is gp@ic3tv.com.

Comment

Just email me by going to my website and it's on the top banner, never leave your email address in a post on the forum. If you are quick enough you can remove it.

Comment

Now that I have seen your page, this is the sort of thing you could do with. It will cost you around £65, but well worth it.

Comment

Working...
                          X