PDA

View Full Version : Whats the differance in

Nik Nak Bob
11-28-2008, 05:47 PM
using the ready made players in BV or buying one to put on your site?

Marincky
11-28-2008, 06:04 PM
One of them would cost you money and the other one wouldn't ?

Nik Nak Bob
11-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Other than the costs, any orther pros/cons restrictions? Also, if I were to buy, where would I place it?

Collectors-info
11-28-2008, 06:37 PM
The other downside with a some players & also photo album players, is that you quite often have to download a plug in. Most visitors will just leave your site if they have to do this.

Nik Nak Bob
11-28-2008, 07:25 PM
I C.. so, if I "buy" a player that I can config. with my logo,ad,etc.. "all?" others will need a plugin to watch? Also, where do I place my player and files? "public/?" folder.

Am I'm missing a point somewhere?.. I've read everything I can find. Please "point" me in the correct directions.

Nik Nak Bob
12-01-2008, 11:30 AM
So... Well, Yeah?... Thanks anyway

Collectors-info
12-01-2008, 02:41 PM
You place your music files in the same directory as your BV page with player on. With some players you can place the music in a different directory & link to the directory & music file. But usually best to stick to the same one. If your page is in the public_html directyory? Then place the music files their.
The plug ins related to some player scripts & not all. This is down to the user to choose if they want the possible enhanced features that one might offer against another..

Nik Nak Bob
12-02-2008, 03:26 PM
AoK.. Thanks Chris. I've been testing different things. This room of the Shack is mostly for friends and family, but everyone is welcome to visit.