Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing IFrames with naval's php codes - Question PLS

Hi,

I opened a new thread because in the single menu bar, there is too much going on and I don't think my question will be really related to the topic.

Anyway, 1st, the situation :

I have 3 links in my page, and an IFrame, each link opens in that IFrame while clicked.

As from naval's topic about the single menu bar and bether with the SE tricks, I found that topic really useful.

Now the question :

is it possible to replace that the html box with the proper naval's codes to replce the functions of the IFrame.

I mean, when you click the link, it opens in that html box area, and of course, I have 2 other links in the same page I want to open in that area.

Thank you guys.
    The Producer

Re: Replacing IFrames with naval's php codes - Question PLS

Can you give the page in question so we can see what you're looking to do?

That tutorial isn't meant to replace some functions of iframes - but to replace using iframes for the univeral elements of the page. However, that doesn't mean you can't do what you're asking - let us see it please.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Well, I see what you asking, Nite Producer. But, I am not sure why you are changing the I-Frame to an HTML box? If your links target the IFrame and you want to use the PHP menu(which would be pasted into an HTML box), then I don't see a need to change the links nor the IFrame. Except perhaps that you may have to call "???.php" pages into the IFRAME instead of html pages?? not sure

other than that, If you could elaborate it would be great.
      Robert
      www.GraphXntrix.com
      Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

ok,

I'm still building the website at the moment, I still have a probleme to publish from my computer, till I fix that probleme I'll explain properly what I want to do.

when I looked at the topic of the single menu bar, bether mentioned "or somebody else" that the html box with the php code is very usefull with SE etc. better than IFrames.

3 links : about us, contact us, register.

1 IFrame called frame_1 : when you click the links mentioned above, they open in the IFrame.

So, I want to use the same topic of the single menu bar, then when I click about us, it appears in the area I specified which is the html box with the php code, and then when I click contact us, the page with the form appears in the same place of about us in the html box.

I think it's clear now, other wise let me know and see how we can explain more specificaly.

Thanks.
        The Producer

Comment

OHHHH!! I see now. Check this out.... the HTML box that you place on your page is what you PASTE the CODE for your MENU into (navbar, links, etc). The concept is to make just one menu or set of links and use that HTML box as the placeholder for that menu/linkset. The IFrame refferrence in that thread was refferring to calling the menu IN an IFrame.

From an IFRAME not "TO" the IFRAME. your links are Targeted "TO" the Iframe, not the other way around. Make sense now?
          Robert
          www.GraphXntrix.com
          Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Ah well yeah,

But there is anyhow to do it? call the links TO the HTML box ?
            The Producer

Comment

I still don't understand what you ate trying to accomplish. Why should you call the links in the html box ?

From what i understand, you want to replace the Iframe with a html box ? and make the called pages appear in that html box ? If yes, then the answer is yes, you can do it, but with a more complicated procedure, that would also involve refreshing the page. The advantage of an Iframe is that of beeing able to change its content, without refreshing the page. This cannot be accomplished if you don't have an Iframe.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X