PDA

View Full Version : downloadable files

Mart1955
04-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Can anyone help?
I have followed the tutorial for uploading a pdf to server and making a link to have people download it but it does not work, i get errorthat not found on server.

also when I put the text link on page and publish when you try and click on text link it does not work

The site is www.farnboroughfalcons.co.uk (http://www.farnboroughfalcons.co.uk)

Can anyone assist??

Thanks

Martin

Watdaflip
04-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Whats the url you are trying to use for its location on your site?

zuriatman
04-17-2008, 12:00 AM
Hi Martin,

Quote from a an old thread:

"Creating a download link in PDF

Instead of "Saving" your work when done, you will "Print" them but not using a regular printer: you will use a converter instead!

Visit www.PDF995.com and download the Free PDF converter .... then install it on your computer: it will install as a "printer option", not as a icon/program on your desktop. So, when you go to "Print" that Word created file, instead of quickly clicking through your Print Dialog, use the drop-down Menu and "Select Printer" as PDF995 .....this will automatically 'print to file' and convert the Word .doc to a .pdf file in whatever folder/directory you specify. This process replaces "Saving" as a PDF file.
*Always Save a copy as a Word document first, however, as that way you have a file you can go back and update and then "re-save/print" as a PDF, overwriting the previous.

Lastly, FTP to your public_html/ directory that new PDF file, and when you offer a link to clients, the file will immediately display as a printable and downloadable ("save a copy") file also! They can print it out on their computer!

A proper link to a PDF file would look like this:
www letstalkchef.com/recipie131cornbread.pdf

CarbonTerry
04-28-2008, 08:00 AM
On a different note, the photos on your merchandise page are H U G E (electronically). You must resize.

Mart1955
04-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Hi Watdaflip
the url on site is site name plus file name as instructed in voda turtourial

Regards

martin

Watdaflip
04-28-2008, 03:15 PM
... and what is the file name..