Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• downloadable files

Can anyone help?
    I have followed the tutorial for uploading a pdf to server and making a link to have people download it but it does not work, i get errorthat not found on server.

also when I put the text link on page and publish when you try and click on text link it does not work

The site is www.farnboroughfalcons.co.uk

Can anyone assist??

Thanks

Martin

Re: downloadable files

Whats the url you are trying to use for its location on your site?

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Hi Martin,

Quote from a an old thread:

"Creating a download link in PDF

Instead of "Saving" your work when done, you will "Print" them but not using a regular printer: you will use a converter instead!

Visit www.PDF995.com and download the Free PDF converter .... then install it on your computer: it will install as a "printer option", not as a icon/program on your desktop. So, when you go to "Print" that Word created file, instead of quickly clicking through your Print Dialog, use the drop-down Menu and "Select Printer" as PDF995 .....this will automatically 'print to file' and convert the Word .doc to a .pdf file in whatever folder/directory you specify. This process replaces "Saving" as a PDF file.
      *Always Save a copy as a Word document first, however, as that way you have a file you can go back and update and then "re-save/print" as a PDF, overwriting the previous.

Lastly, FTP to your public_html/ directory that new PDF file, and when you offer a link to clients, the file will immediately display as a printable and downloadable ("save a copy") file also! They can print it out on their computer!

A proper link to a PDF file would look like this:
      www letstalkchef.com/recipie131cornbread.pdf
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

On a different note, the photos on your merchandise page are H U G E (electronically). You must resize.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Hi Watdaflip
          the url on site is site name plus file name as instructed in voda turtourial

Regards

martin

Comment

... and what is the file name..

Register/Login Script
            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
            X