How to make a "Make this your homepage" button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a "Make this your homepage" button

I want to add a "make this your homepage" button on my site. I can find the html code but am unable to make a button do the job. I may be being a bit thick but how do I use the code

<FORM>
    <INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Make This Site Your HomePage" onClick="this.style.behavior='url(#default#homepag e)'; this.setHomePage('http://www.npda.co.uk');">
    </FORM>

in a button. Naval design showed how to do it for a "bookmark this site" button in another thread which I made work no probs.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers
    John

www.npda.co.uk

Re: How to make a &quot;Make this your homepage&quot; button

If you use the script as it is, you don't need a button, the script creates it. Just drag a html box in your page, and paste the code in the box. Please note that you have a small mistake, there is a whitespace: homepag e

However, this will produce a standard button.

You can also do it with a BV Advanced Button (you can find it in the Forms Toolbar). Place the button in your page, make it Onclick, OnClick Action: Execute Javascript Function, and in the Onclick Value field paste this:
    this.style.behavior='url(#default#homepag e)'; this.setHomePage('http://www.npda.co.uk');

The advantage of using a BV Advanced Button is that you can style both the text and the button as you like, you can even use an image for the button
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: How to make a &quot;Make this your homepage&quot; button

Brilliant, thanks for the response its been bugging me.

Comment

Working...
      X