Shopping cart similar to paypal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping cart similar to paypal?

This may have been covered in another thread and I missed it, but I was wondering if there is a shopping cart out there similar to PayPal, but has more options?

I've looked at Fantastico, and it's way over my head... I need something ridiculously user friendly, but also has the ability to accept discounts, coupons, shipping options etc... does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    Kellie
    Kellie

Cozy Cabin Candles and Crafts
    http://www.ccabincandles.com

Re: Shopping cart similar to paypal?

Have you looked at Soholaunch?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I've browsed through some of the information, but I'm hesitant to get into an online builder. At the moment, I have a dial up connection, and my modem is sharing a phone line with our phone, so I have to watch how much time I spend on the net. However, if I can't come up with a better shopping cart than PayPal, I may have to go with it.

Soholaunch is compatible with BV, and I wouldn't have to start my site from scratch, right?

Thanks! :)

Kellie
      Kellie

Comment

Hi try romancart.com, i use this one and its brill! www.woman2woman.me.uk. They are really helpful too, they will give you specific code to any buttons you want etc.

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by KJay_23
          I've browsed through some of the information, but I'm hesitant to get into an online builder. At the moment, I have a dial up connection, and my modem is sharing a phone line with our phone, so I have to watch how much time I spend on the net. However, if I can't come up with a better shopping cart than PayPal, I may have to go with it.

Soholaunch is compatible with BV, and I wouldn't have to start my site from scratch, right?

Thanks! :)

Kellie
          I use Mal's e-commerce. It was recommended by another user (Julie) and I've found it pretty easy to use. It's free. http://www.mals-e.com/

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you Jan and Amanda... I'll check them out! :)
            Kellie

Comment

i'm growing to like paypal except i can't find or figure out one major problem. when you click on the buy button it redirects you to their site, and i can't find any way to include a "continue shopping" option. does it not offer that option? or did i miss something..?

thanks
              http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

They do have continue shopping as an option. I don't use it - so don't know where you go to configure - but keep looking!
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

thanks..i'll keep digging, i've been perfecting the "store front" since it deals with food products..taking elegant pictures, setting up the product to look inviting, etc, etc...

i think most people who shop online are familiar with paypal, are confident with it's secure and reliability and most already have an account, not to mention they offer a payment option to suit everyone...

the hardest part so far is alignment...

thanks bethers you are an invaluable resources here, demand a raise this year :)
                  http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

Paypal does have a shopping "cart" which you have to do the integration of all the api codes, and in the end, it still goes to their site to process your orders, unless you use the new paypal pro, which is like a merchant account and stays on site. You would then need a dedicated ip and SSL.

The free cart integration isnt easy, and the only advantage to using it is if you have ALOT of products it saves the time in pasting the codes. I helped one person set up the api cart integration, and it took us weeks of manuevering.... of course it didnt help she was in Australia and I was here, and we shot email and messenger notes and do this and dont do thats...and Im not sure i could remember it all again if i had to....LOLOL

So, Id venture that if you have less than 100 products, and were looking at up to say 1000 products it would be worthwhile, you would be putting in alot of effort, and Im not sure id do it if i had under 250 products. But thats just my opinion and experience with it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Morning!
                      I am using a new cart from http://www.auctioninc.com/info/index and I like it very much. I am having a problem though. Where do I add the html on my Blue Voda pages? I tried using a submit button, renaming it "Add to Cart" and put the html in on the HTML properties section (not quite sure either if I should be put in the before tag, inside tag, or after tag). Maybe that's my problem all together! But...I am getting 2 buttons. The button on the top is the one that works. The button on the bottom is one I added using the advanced button from the tool bar in BV. You can see it at www.oldenburgandcompany.com/order.html I also tried adding the HTML to the picture. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm just not putting "2 and 2 together". Please help if you have any suggestions.
                      Thanks!
                      Pam

Comment

Pam,

I cant tell from the coding except the second one the method is POST and the first one its FORM, which indicates to me its the one you got from your autoininc, so thats the one i would use. In most cases you have to use the one from the vendor. So dont use the bottom one would be the simple solution all the way around.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen,
                          So...I understand that the code they gave me actually gives me an "Add to Cart" button, but how do I add that separate HTML to each item I am wanting to add a cart button to? It's not directly in the page HTML is it? And if so, how do you allow specific placement of each button? You're always so helpful. Thank you so much for your generosity in helping!
                          Smiles,
                          Pam

Comment

Using BV, you simply will put an html box everywhere on the page that you need to add the add to cart button- and put the html they give you in the box where needed. You'll find the html on the top left of the left row of icons in BV.
                            Beth
                            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Oh god...I feel sooooooooooo stupid! I knew it was something easy! Thanks a lot Beth! You've made my day!!!!!
                              Smiles,
                              Pam

Comment

Working...
                              X