New pages opening in separate window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pages opening in separate window

When i originally set up my site. I thought I wanted each new page to open in a separate browser window. I have since realized that is a pain in the rear. Now I can't figure out how to set it back to just change pages in the same browser window.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Re: New pages opening in separate window

You've probably got your link properties 'target' set to '_blank'. Remove '_blank', anotherwords you want this target field to be empty, nothing in it! Repeat for all your links where applicable and republish your pages. This should solve your problem.

Darren
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thank you so much. That fixed it.

Comment

You only really ever need a page to open in a new window when:

1) You have an external link on your page to another website. This way when someone clicks on this link and browses this third party website, when they have finished and close the site down, yours will still be on their screen.

2) You have a page to your site that, although is part of your business/service, has a different aspect to your site that you may want your visitors to treat seperatley, for example the page may offshoot to various different aspects about what your site is about.

3) You have a form that visitors can fill out that maybe might not fully lead to them completing their experience on your website and you wish them to still remain on the same page they were initially browsing after having filled in this form.

There are other examples, but just to explain a few so you might understand what situations you may use a new browser window experience for.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
        X