php menu bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• php menu bar

I changed my menu bar to php following Navel's instructions, and I am not sure what time it is suppose to save me. I needed to add another button to the bar but I still needed to add it individually in BV. Is there another way of doing this saving me some time since the menu bar is in php? I made the separate menu bar in php and then I replace the others on my website.
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Re: php menu bar

If you do it properly, you will have to redo all your pages and publish all the pages in .php instead of .html - then you'll want to go delete all the .html pages from your public_html folder.

It will save you time in that if you do it correctly - whenever you change the menu, it will change automatically on all the other pages by just publishing the one new page. This is important on sites with lots of pages - not as important on sites with less pages. However, if you are going to use this - now is the time to make the change - as it will mean the se's will have to find the new .php pages and start over again with reading and ranking the pages for searches.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

As Beth stated and per Navals instructions-

Each page needs to be saved as php

Each page needs to have the "include" script placed in an html box where desired on the page.

Re- read the instructions and give it another shot. Or- don't do it as your site is really small and it really isn't worth it.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks Beth and Andy. I was hoping to have it easier in doing the menu.
        www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Working...
        X