Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Pesonalised Search

Hey Guys,

Have you heard the latest buzz about Personalised Search Results in Google?

Apparently, everybody who does a search will end up with different search results based on their prior search history. Personalisation is going to be "web-wide" using third party cookies and things.

Google has been looking up your IP and revising results based on IP. They know where you're located and can make assumptions about the intent of your search. As you get more into intent-based search, it's going to change the way pages rank.

Top SEO Expert Bruce Clay says you're going to have to look at analytics, measure traffic, bounce rates, action, etc. SEOs will have to ask themselves questions like:

- Did I get the conversion I was after?

- Did I really deliver on the promise of SEO?

Bruce thinks that in the first six months of 2009, we're going to see a lot more implementation of behavior and intent-based search leading to a mindset of "ranking is dead, and traffic is all that matters."

What do you think?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: Google Pesonalised Search

I see you can now move the results up and down yourself with an up and down button next to each listing in Google! Do a search, find for example a site at position 10 that you like. Move it up to number 1 position and from then on whenever you type that search term in the site of your choise will be at number 1... whatever next!

This might not be in standard google searches, I am going on what I see in my own 'personalised' google home page I use.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
    X