X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Specific Search Engine..

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to create a site specific search engine, where as someone can search "ex. computers" from my homepage and it will take them to the computers listed on my site or show any words with computers in it.

I dont want it to show links to other companies i.e. dell or hp "assuming they typed computers for a search enquiry" but only computers listed on my site.

I am sure this can be done, now I just need the knowledge.

-Merry Christmas,
    DM

Re: Site Specific Search Engine..

Yes... just search for addon scripts.. theres a ton of them out there. Easier are some that they index your site and display the results on their engine and it also shows ADS from others..or you can PAY and they display only yours.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

So it is possible to have the results of the search ONLY display my products from my site and this search engine can be displayed on my site only? I want my visitors to stay on my site to search for my products not be lead elsewhere?

Also it is possible to get this for free?

Hope I am making this clear (no confusion)

-DM

Comment

Depends if you incorporate a script on your server, or if you use one on another server. For instance you can use google search, and tick just your website and it will render just your website results. I think theres like pico search which like google opens a new page, but shows your search results with a few ads down the side.

Theres php search scripts that you have to install, and theres free and paid versions of those. They will search on your site just like say the built in search function of this forum.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks,

I believe you may now close this post as RESOLVED!

-DM

Comment

Working...
          X