Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Lawyers Site almost completed (Test Please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lawyers Site almost completed (Test Please)

Just want to test this site against the community, please tell me any problems you come across when viewing this site please!

GD13,

Re: New Lawyers Site almost completed (Test Please)

I dont get the blank intro page... but ok.. and if they are attorneys i think they should change their names.. I couldnt help thinking Al Yankovich and kept waiting for the punch line.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Lose the blank home page for sure... Bad for Visitors, even worse for SEO.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Im not overly impressed with the flash or the colors, and it didnt smack of the professionalism id expect from attorneys, nor the welcome or interest to find out more... thats why i kept waiting for the punch....there wasnt any.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Tested your site using Opera and NOTHING is coming up except a grey box which expands showing NOTHING on all the links.

The flash info is interesting but changes too fast to read it all.

Me thinks a Major rethink is required............
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Sorry, but not better news here, I also had a problem with nothing showing except the grey box (using IE7), the flash at the side though initially interesting distracts from the rest of the page and given that you canont read it fully before it fades I have no idea why it is there. Do not like that once you click a link you can not navagate anywhere except back home. Too much Flash and not enough substance.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Hi, ditto with the other comments. When you do place some info in the center area, i would personally loose the fading images on the right, as it will be quite a distraction when trying to read something.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

You were asked last time to refrain from simply posting "experimental" or "concept" sites in the Showcase, as it is traditionally reserved for websites at or near completion and ready for final refinements based on peer review, and for sites/domains that are hosted exclusively at VodaHost (whereas these are supposedly "client" sites 'temporarily hosted' within your account waiting for approval and destined for hosting elsewhere).

It does seem, however, that there have been a few comments regarding the use of this templated Flash site as inappropriate for this genre of website, so I suppose you can take that for what it's worth as you continue to develop your personal passion for Flash in general.
                In such a highly competitive industry as is law, Flash would be the absolute last foundation I would recommend using, as it would prove to be worthless for creating any SEO values whatsoever --- which is critical for any savvy web builder or client that thinks it important to preserve any promotional value at all by selecting another more "favored" structure.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Sorry, I only get a blank page, can't see anything or go anywhere..
                  Sharon Chajin

Comment

I'm not sure why everyone has a grudge against flash, IMO the future of web design will rest in flash sites as they offer a much wider field of tools to achive sites that are far beyond what html sites could ever offer for looks, Plus almost every fortune 500 company uses a flash site these days so you can clearly see the choice is flash. The final note I want to stress is that I allow my customers to steer me into building a site they are happy with, as they are the ones that should be in the end anyways.

As for the rules about what to post, I don't see a rule that states a site must be 100% finished before posting it, I don't see the harm in getting opinions on the style sheet of a site prior to filling it with content, if its too much to view a site build in progress then please don't view my work. As for showing customers sites on vh forums, I'm an affiliate and will be pushing any clients to use vh hosting which is what vh would want me to do and stated as being within the forum posting rules.

This forum is for VodaHost customers to display their websites.
                    Please do not....

1) Ask any VodaHost or BlueVoda help or support related questions here.
                    2) Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
                    3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
                    4) Say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great
                    and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.

And last but not least

5) DO NOT post any site that is not hosted with VodaHost. The only
                    excepetion to this rule is if you are member of the VodaHost affiliate
                    program and you have a VodaHost banner on your Homepage.

6) DO NOt list any site that offers a direct competition to any site
                    that is owned and operated by VodaHost.
                    GD13,

Comment

GD..

No one is against the flash.. however, this wasnt up to par. Also see number 5. If you do not intend to host this site on vodahost.. you cant post it. Even tho the temp is on your vodahost account. Also you cant host your clients site on your account.. its against tos. (terms of service)

The site is way below any standard of being called a finished or near finished product. Only thing that works is the template and the little bit of flash that you displayed. If your client likes it.. then why post it here? If you dont want opinions?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                      X