Blogs etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blogs etc.

I am relatively new to internet MKTG. I have built a site using the award winning BV and it currently has around 140 pages... articles, sale pages, book club etc. My question is, should I be Blogging? I do not really understand the concept and I worry about issues like duplication and so on. Also, blogging seems very time consuming. Should I just focus on content ( I add 2/3/4 pages every week) or is blogging valid for SEO? Any and all responses wlcome.
    Thanks in advance.
    Glen
    The Female Zone

Re: Blogs etc.

Hi Glen,

It's a simple case of 'all helps'.

You don't have to blog, but done in the correct manner can only improve your chances of your business/site taking off.

Creating a blog and duplicating site content is not the way to go, but talking about your services/goods, giving advice, offering tips, insights etc and linking back to your site or articles on your site will certainly help.

There are many other ways too, do some good research,, you will learn along the way, some things work, some things don't work so well, it's certainly a learning curve for us all.

Also remember what's good for one may not be good for another, so for one person to tell you what to do would by no means be enough to go on.

Research - Listen - Study - Experiment

and have fun doing it!
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

If you want to gain extra visitors to your site - you could try a blog. Other reasons for a blog might because you've built up a following of people to your site and you think your visitors would benefit from reading your blog, or to 'put a human face' to your website.

You can be a bit chatty and more personal in a blog.

Blogs can be time-consuming though. There's also a bit to learn with setting one up.
      If you're getting good traffic, and don't have a compelling reason to start a blog, then you might be better off investing that time building up your website. At 140 pages, you're doing well!

As with everything, testing things out for yourself is usually best :)

Comment

Thanks guys for your responses. Very helpfull info. Thanks!
        The Female Zone

Comment

You're Welcome
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I have an extremely busy blog that brings in a lot of visitors and I would recommend one if you have something interesting to say. I only post about once every two weeks and add the odd reply, so it is not that time consuming, but it does stay active by the many people who post on there, I try to go for quality posts and not quanity.

It is important to make the title of your post something that people might type into google, mine would be 'What foods to eat to help with anxiety' you will do far better than 'Latest post on food'.

If you think you could add something interesting, then I would say yes, a lot die in the first few weeks as people run out of what to put. A friend of mine used one to sell make up and kept her visitors and attracted new ones by testing different make up items and then posting the results each week, also she posted the latest releases and it does very well and brings in a lot of traffic to her main page. Her title would be 'Mac dazzleglass lip gloss reviewed'.

Good luck
            www.anxietynomore.co.uk
            The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
            Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
            Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Thanks Karel. Havetaken your feedbeck on board.
              The Female Zone

Comment

Working...
              X