Novice needing help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novice needing help?

CLIENT ID. 30193 Hi all, I am totally new to all this and believe me I am trying my best to manage on my own. I have several queations for anyone that has the patience to help a novice with?

Besides refing and otimising the workings of the site I am attempting to build, which I am a long way off getting completed at this stage, I would like somebody who can explain to me in simple terms, the relevant procedures in accomplishing the task.

I have managed (with difficulty) to build and construct most of the pages and even more proudly managed to publish most of what I have managed to achieve. I am experiencing problems in trying to publish one page in particular that must have some configuration issue as it freezes the program when I try to publish and I am forced to use my computer Task manager to shut down the application. What should I check for here?

I am able to view all that has been built (and published) perfectly well in my default browser and even when I select my pages from the parent directory where all the published files ar kept I manage to view all the successfully published pages with no problem at all.

I am at the stage now where I want to get it all to come together so that I can check all the links and functionality of the entire site.

Once I have the site functionable I will investigate the refinement and optimization issues.

Please, any help in simple terms will be greatly appreciated. I can be reached on my email address bill_2@slingshot.co.nz should some kindly person be in the position to volunteer some assistance. To me it seems as thought I am a very long way off accomplishing this task.

What happened to building a website in 30 minutes. I have spent 12 hours a day for the last 2 weeks solid LoL.

Thank you for reading my tale of woe. Regards Bill Dickason (New Zealand)

Re: Novice needing help?

Hi, on the SEO part, Bethers book is worth a look. But you would need to post your url for a fuller appraisal of the sites seo standing.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
    X