An anomoly that is leaving me very frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An anomoly that is leaving me very frustrated

My website will consist mainly of vouchers that people can print directly from web. I am not an html expert at all, but I've got most things ready to go, as Blue Voda is very user friendly.

I really need to know how many different people are coming and how often they are visiting. So I am going to have a secret password in order to get to the voucher section of the website. In order, to get password first time visitors will have to send me their email address and I have an autoresponder set up to give it to them!! Then they are redirected to the login page where they have to enter their email address and password. This is where the major problem comes in.

I set up a form to accomplish this originally and everything worked great, but wasn't exactly what I was looking for. When I got my email though it said Contact Information - not ideal as I had already set up a contact me page. Things could get confusing! So I changed the subject title and then started getting major syntax problems. I will add that it was only after remaking and republishing for 2 whole days that I pinpointed this problem.

I cannot recreate the form with using the Wizard from Scratch or a by inserting a blank form and adding fields, as I keep getting the same error. It appears that I first set up this form with the Wizard Contact Template, but I can't change the form name or subject line without everything blowing out. Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/lsfuitww/public_html/x.php on line 15

Here is the code for a form that actually does work:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
    <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Created by BlueVoda">
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    function Validatecontact(theForm)
    {
    var strFilter = /^[smile]*$/;
    var chkVal = theForm.Editbox1.value;
    if (!strFilter.test(chkVal))
    {
    alert("That's not the right password. Try again");
    theForm.Editbox1.focus();
    return false;
    }
    if (theForm.Editbox1.value == "")
    {
    alert("That's not the right password. Try again");
    return false;
    }
    var strValue = theForm.Editbox2.value;
    var strFilter = /^([0-9a-z]([-.\w]*[0-9a-z])*@(([0-9a-z])+([-\w]*[0-9a-z])*\.)+[a-z]{2,6})$/i;
    if (!strFilter.test(strValue))
    {
    alert("Ooops I think you made a mistake");
    return false;
    }
    if (theForm.Editbox2.value == "")
    {
    alert("Ooops I think you made a mistake");
    theForm.Editbox2.focus();
    return false;
    }
    return true;
    }
    //-->
    </script>
    </head>
    <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <div id="bv_Form1" style="position:absolute;left:0px;top:140px;width: 425px;height:148px;z-index:6" align="left">
    <form name="contact" method="POST" action="<? echo($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);?>" id="Form1" onsubmit="return Validatecontact(this)">
    <div id="bv_Text1" style="position:absolute;left:14px;top:14px;width: 235px;height:16px;z-index:0" align="left">
    <font style="font-size:13px" color="#009300" face="Arial"><b>This week's secret password is</b></font></div>
    <input type="password" id="Editbox1" style="position:absolute;left:14px;top:35px;width: 200px;font-family:Courier New;font-size:16px;z-index:1" size="20" name="password" value="">
    <div id="bv_Text2" style="position:absolute;left:14px;top:63px;width: 185px;height:16px;z-index:2" align="left">
    <font style="font-size:13px" color="#009300" face="Arial"><b>My email address is</b></font></div>
    <input type="text" id="Editbox2" style="position:absolute;left:14px;top:84px;width: 300px;font-family:Courier New;font-size:16px;z-index:3" size="30" name="email" value="">
    <input type="submit" id="Button1"" name="Button1" value="Send" style="position:absolute;left:112px;top:119px;widt h:96px;height:25px;z-index:4">
    <input type="reset" id="Button2"" name="Button2" value="Reset" style="position:absolute;left:224px;top:119px;widt h:96px;height:25px;z-index:5">
    </form>
    </div>
    <div id="bv_Text3" style="position:absolute;left:28px;top:28px;width: 336px;height:64px;z-index:7" align="left">
    <font style="font-size:13px" color="#000000" face="Arial">This one was made from the contact form template.&nbsp; Got as far as creating parameters for both fields. Note that the encoding type is showing as _______ blank. And still working&nbsp; WORKS DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING!!!!!</font></div>
    </body>
    </html>

And here is one for one made from a totally new form without Wizard.
    <html>
    <head>
    <!--
    function ValidateLogin(theForm)
    {
    {
    alert("That's not the right password - try again");
    return false;
    }
    {
    return false;
    }
    var strFilter = /^([0-9a-z]([-.\w]*[0-9a-z])*@(([0-9a-z])+([-\w]*[0-9a-z])*\.)+[a-z]{2,6})$/i;
    {
    alert("Ooops, I think you made a typing mistake");
    return false;
    }
    {
    return false;
    }
    return true;
    }
    //-->
    </script>
    </head>
    <div id="bv_Form1" style="position:absolute;left:21px;top:84px;width: 434px;height:147px;z-index:6" align="left">
    <form name="Login" method="POST" action="<? echo($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);?>" id="Form1" onsubmit="return ValidateLogin(this)">
    <input type="password" id="Editbox1" style="position:absolute;left:49px;top:28px;width: 140px;font-family:Courier New;font-size:16px;z-index:0" size="14" name="Password" value="">
    <div id="bv_Text1" style="position:absolute;left:49px;top:7px;width:2 38px;height:16px;z-index:1" align="left">
    <font style="font-size:13px" color="#009300" face="Arial"><b>What's this week's secret password?</b></font></div>
    <div id="bv_Text2" style="position:absolute;left:49px;top:56px;width: 238px;height:16px;z-index:2" align="left">
    <font style="font-size:13px" color="#009300" face="Arial"><b>What's your email address?</b></font></div>
    <input type="text" id="Editbox2" style="position:absolute;left:49px;top:77px;width: 290px;font-family:Courier New;font-size:16px;z-index:3" size="29" name="email" value="">
    <input type="submit" id="Button1"" name="Button1" value="Submit" style="position:absolute;left:168px;top:112px;widt h:75px;height:24px;z-index:4">
    <input type="reset" id="Button2"" name="Button2" value="Reset" style="position:absolute;left:266px;top:112px;widt h:75px;height:24px;z-index:5">
    </form>
    </div>
    <div id="bv_Text3" style="position:absolute;left:539px;top:49px;width :147px;height:80px;z-index:7" align="left">
    <font style="font-size:13px" color="#000000" face="Arial">This one I tried completely from scratch without the wizard.&nbsp; Same error keeps coming up.&nbsp; </font></div>
    </body>
    </html>

And one other - made from Wizard Scratch (note I tried 4 ways of encoding for this and none worked)
    <html>
    <head>
    <!--
    function Validatelogin(theForm)
    {
    {
    return false;
    }
    {
    return false;
    }
    {
    alert("Ooops I think you made a mistake in typing your email");
    return false;
    }
    {
    alert("Ooops I think you made a mistake in typing your email");
    return false;
    }
    return true;
    }
    //-->
    </script>
    </head>
    <div id="bv_Text1" style="position:absolute;left:497px;top:21px;width :399px;height:64px;z-index:6" align="left">
    <font style="font-size:13px" color="#000000" face="Arial">This one I'm going to build with Form Wizard but from scratch. Anmed it login and password and deleted any processor XXX<br>
    That didn't work, now I'm going to save as text plain XXX<br>
    Now as application</font></div>
    <div id="bv_Form1" style="position:absolute;left:21px;top:84px;width: 464px;height:148px;z-index:7" align="left">
    <form name="login" method="POST" action="<? echo($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);?>" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="Form1" onsubmit="return Validatelogin(this)">
    <div id="bv_Text2" style="position:absolute;left:10px;top:15px;width: 224px;height:16px;z-index:0" align="left">
    <font style="font-size:13px" color="#000000" face="Arial">What is this week's secret password?</font></div>
    <input type="password" id="Editbox1" style="position:absolute;left:244px;top:15px;width :200px;font-family:Courier New;font-size:16px;z-index:1" size="20" name="password" value="">
    <div id="bv_Text3" style="position:absolute;left:10px;top:44px;width: 224px;height:16px;z-index:2" align="left">
    <font style="font-size:13px" color="#000000" face="Arial">What's your email address?</font></div>
    <input type="text" id="Editbox2" style="position:absolute;left:244px;top:44px;width :200px;font-family:Courier New;font-size:16px;z-index:3" size="20" name="email" value="">
    <input type="submit" id="Button1"" name="Button1" value="Submit" style="position:absolute;left:244px;top:73px;width :96px;height:25px;z-index:4">
    <input type="reset" id="Button2"" name="Button2" value="Reset" style="position:absolute;left:244px;top:103px;widt h:96px;height:25px;z-index:5">
    </form>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>

I don't know if I'm being really thick and doing something wrong here, or if there is a problem with the form builder in Blue Voda. I am going to have to change the password every week, ie staying in touch with my users is vital.

And I've know got to go and try and find out what the problem is in the Join my Club section. I don't know if I can handle sitting in front of this machine for another 2 days trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

So please any help would be welcomed with a great big hug. I need to have a lucky break somewhere!!!

My website is www.????.co.uk.

Re: An anomoly that is leaving me very frustrated

There is absolutely no problem with the form wizard. The error message you get indicates that there is a syntax error in the php script that processs the form. WHICH is the FORM Url ?

Please provide a link to the form. Also clarify if you have used a php in a separate page, as this seems to be the issue. You see, line 5 of the built in form processor could never cause such an error report (I know cause i wrote it).

Encoding MUST be "multipart/form data" or blank
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval,

Thanks for getting back to me. "Nice to be talking to the man in the know". Wish I had the brains to do that sort of thing!!!

The page that has the login is http://www.????co.uk/login_existing.php. It is currently working okay but as I said I could only make this form via BV Form Wizard - Contact Template and I cannot change form name, message, etc.

There is a page http://www.l???.co.uk/xblank.php which is inaccesable because of error. There is nothing on it except form and an explanatory text box. Here's it's code again. By the way the secret password is smile

<html>
      <head>
      <!--
      function ValidateLogin(theForm)
      {
      {
      return false;
      }
      {
      return false;
      }
      {
      return false;
      }
      {
      return false;
      }
      return true;
      }
      //-->
      </script>
      </head>
      <div id="bv_Form1" style="position:absolute;left:21px;top:84px;width: 434px;height:147px;z-index:6" align="left">
      <form name="Login" method="POST" action="<? echo($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);?>" id="Form1" onsubmit="return ValidateLogin(this)">
      <input type="password" id="Editbox1" style="position:absolute;left:49px;top:28px;width: 140px;font-family:Courier New;font-size:16px;z-index:0" size="14" name="Password" value="">
      <div id="bv_Text2" style="position:absolute;left:49px;top:56px;width: 238px;height:16px;z-index:1" align="left">
      <font style="font-size:13px" color="#009300" face="Arial"><b>What's your email address?</b></font></div>
      <input type="text" id="Editbox2" style="position:absolute;left:49px;top:77px;width: 290px;font-family:Courier New;font-size:16px;z-index:2" size="29" name="email" value="">
      <input type="submit" id="Button1"" name="Button1" value="Submit" style="position:absolute;left:168px;top:112px;widt h:75px;height:24px;z-index:3">
      <input type="reset" id="Button2"" name="Button2" value="Reset" style="position:absolute;left:266px;top:112px;widt h:75px;height:24px;z-index:4">
      <div id="bv_Text1" style="position:absolute;left:49px;top:7px;width:2 38px;height:16px;z-index:5" align="left">
      <font style="font-size:13px" color="#009300" face="Arial"><b>What's this week's secret password?</b></font></div>
      </form>
      </div>
      <div id="bv_Text3" style="position:absolute;left:539px;top:49px;width :147px;height:80px;z-index:7" align="left">
      <font style="font-size:13px" color="#000000" face="Arial">This one I tried completely from scratch without the wizard.&nbsp; Same error keeps coming up.&nbsp; </font></div>
      </body>
      </html>

I'm not sure what you mean about using a php in a seperate page. Most of the pages I've built are php. I have put up some test pages with nothing else but varying stages of the form on the site and they are all php.

I hope this helps clarify my problem and thanks for helping me.

Comment

The error CLEARLY indicates that there is some kind of php script in the xblank.php page. Otherwise you would never get a php syntax error message.

And please note that your password is visible in your page code! this is no protection!
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi there,

Just figured I'd pass on the solution to the problem that I was having with this.

I was putting an apostrophie ' in the subject field for the email that was to be sent back to me.

A lot of trial and errors, but I finally cracked what was giving these errors.

Comment

Working...
          X