adding links to images in a table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding links to images in a table

When I use the 'insert navigation bar' to build the navigation urls for pages, there aren't any buttons that will work for my project. I am trying to build my own navigation bar using a table with an image background for each cell. There doesn't appear to be a way I can use the image in the table as a url link.

The reason I want to do this is because when I put text in the table cells that will link to the page urls, the text is always underlined. I cannot get the underline to go away, even when I format the font and go into the page properties.

Any suggestions?

Here's the website I am building:

Re: adding links to images in a table

To get the link underlines to go away you need to go into your page properties, and change the different link properties for the page.

If you want to link a picture in a table you could place a transparent shape over the cell (be sure to size it correctly) double click it and add the link through the link attributes there.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Gate Geckos View Post
      When I use the 'insert navigation bar' to build the navigation urls for pages, there aren't any buttons that will work for my project. I am trying to build my own navigation bar using a table with an image background for each cell. There doesn't appear to be a way I can use the image in the table as a url link.

The reason I want to do this is because when I put text in the table cells that will link to the page urls, the text is always underlined. I cannot get the underline to go away, even when I format the font and go into the page properties.

Any suggestions?

Here's the website I am building:
      http://www.chondrosbycathy.com
      Not so.

You can change the font properties, by highlighting the text, clicking on the 'insert hyperlink' tool (looks like a green ball & link). In the properties box you can define 'appearance', where you can change colours, remove underlining or whatever.

Note, while looking at BV, your text will still look underlined. It's when you publish will you notice your changes.

Darren
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

You can change the font properties, by highlighting the text, clicking on the 'insert hyperlink' tool (looks like a green ball & link). In the properties box you can define 'appearance', where you can change colours, remove underlining or whatever.

Note, while looking at BV, your text will still look underlined. It's when you publish will you notice your changes.
        I have done this, and the font is still underlined. I've changed the font properties as well as the page properties, and am still getting the links underlined.

Comment

Your Nav bar looks great (and your template)

However I am assuming you used BV's insert text tool. If yes you can definately remove the underline, or simply have it appear when you run your mouse over it (or not)

When you edit the hyperlink style, which you have because your text is black, so you would have seen format style to set the colour. Here also you will see a check box for for 'underline' and you can choose to use this (or not) for linked, visited link, active link, rollover link.

Darren
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

As much as snakes scare the c*** out of me, this web design is absolutely stunning. Nice work!
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you for the compliments on the site I am building for my friend's snake business! This will be the 4th website I have built using Blue Voda's software, which I think is awesome.

OK, so... I figured out the hypertext style sheet! Thank you!!! BUT, now the text has a background color which I do not want. I want the image in the cells for the navigation table as the background... or for the hyper link text to have no background or a transparent background. Is this do-able?

Comment

I just thought of something... is there a way to use the BV navigation bar button templates and customize them using my own style background?

Comment

Working...
                X