Uploading templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading templates

Hi, Ive just been trying to upload the templates. Ive watched the tutorial many, many, many times and I still can't get it to work. I know this is soemthing I'm doing wrong! Like many here, I'm a complete novice and I'm pretty technophobic!
    I've downloaded the tempates & saved them to desktop and unzipped them using winzipbut when I click on the image button a box comes up saying - Look in Blue voda and then the option of looking in images or template. There are no files in any of these.
    Would someone please be able to tell me what I've done wrong?
    Many thanks

Re: Uploading templates

Originally posted by crazidiamondxx
    Hi, Ive just been trying to upload the templates. Ive watched the tutorial many, many, many times and I still can't get it to work. I know this is soemthing I'm doing wrong! Like many here, I'm a complete novice and I'm pretty technophobic!
    I've downloaded the tempates & saved them to desktop and unzipped them using winzipbut when I click on the image button a box comes up saying - Look in Blue voda and then the option of looking in images or template. There are no files in any of these.
    Would someone please be able to tell me what I've done wrong?
    Many thanks
    BV free templates are simply images that you download and then use in your pages as backgrounds. Simply open BV, insert an image box, and chose the template you want. The rest, loke Menu bars ecc. have to be built by you
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi, thanks for the quick response. The problem is that there are no templates to choose from in the image box! I have downloaded and unzipped them but they are not appearing. See above for the options it gives me when I click on the image box
      Thanks

Comment

Moved to elements forum

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have watched the tutorial again, twice and I have tried again. The problem seems to be getting the downloads into the template file. I save them to desktop as instructed but I don't know how to then get them into the template file on BV. It's frustrating because I know the answer has got to be there somewhere but I just can't find it! I wont give up!

Comment

Hi (again) Ok, I have done it! I'm not entirely sure how I did it but I have done it! At the moment I have only managed to get one set of templates into the template folder but hey, its a start! Thank you for your help and I'm really sorry for bothering you and taking up your time. I must be the most useless person using this!
            Thanks again

Comment

don't look in template file on bluevoda, but look at where you save your template. to insert the template is the same as you insert the image. click insert then click image and look where you save your template in your pc.
              Nyoman

Comment

Originally posted by crazidiamondxx
                Hi (again) Ok, I have done it! I'm not entirely sure how I did it but I have done it! At the moment I have only managed to get one set of templates into the template folder but hey, its a start! Thank you for your help and I'm really sorry for bothering you and taking up your time. I must be the most useless person using this!
                Thanks again
                It's impossible that you have done it. Internal BV templates are like the rest of BV pages, with menus, buttons, ecc. The downloadable templates instead are simply images. You must do as Nyoman said: download the zip, unzip it anywhere (you can't put it in the BV template library) then go in BV, insert the teplate as if it were a normal image, build the rest (menubars, ecc) and THEN save it as a template . This way it will be saved in the Templates Library
                Last edited by navaldesign; 02-14-2006, 11:22 PM.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

ok, what I meant was I have inserted the template onto the page. I havent done the menus etc yet. I was just chuffed to have got the image onto the page! To me, the thicko, thats a big step.

Comment

Working...
                  X