Using my BV created website as a blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using my BV created website as a blog

I'm currently developing the template (if you will) that I will use for my website www.helpingusellu.com and want the home page to serve as a blog. I designed it to look like a blog format and the only link that is active right now is the first button - Read The Blog.

However, after designing the home page, I started looking through the tutorials and forums on how to add the blog component and found that Wordpress was the way to go. I downloaded Wordpress through Fantastico, named it helpingusellu.com/blog and linked it ot the blog button.

I can't find if you can imbed(?) the blog into the BV developed page, but see there are several themes that can be downloaded for the blog page that I linked. If it is what it is, that's fine, but is there any way that I can have my blog page look like the rest of the pages that I design/develop?

If not, do you have any insight or suggestions on how to use BV developed pages as a blog? Or would that be way too cumbersome or inefficient and just settle for linking to a Wrodpress blog with a decent theme?

Thank you,
    Scott

Re: Using my BV created website as a blog

I suppose you could use an iframe .. but that wouldnt help you per se with the SE. But if you insist.. thats how you would have to do it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

So all of the sites I see that have blog postings on their home page are actual blog sites (e.g. Wordpress) that they use as their primary website and add their additional content to it? Basically the exact opposite of the direction I am going currently?

If that is the case, then what would I use BV for in developing my site? Is it typical for a website to be designed in a certain style then link to a different looking blog page? If so, would you recommend having that page open in a separate tab/window rather than exiting out of the main site?

Thanks,
      Scott

Comment

Hi Scott

If you want your homepage to be a blog - then you might be better off just using WordPress?
        I would download and install the latest WordPress version (which you can't do via Fantastico) There are thousands of themes out there - you could pick one that you like and add a Blue Voda subdomain/subdirectory with a template that exactly matches the blog template. (which you design yourself)
        The subdomain/or subdirectory would be the BV site you have now.

Another option is to keep your homepage as a BV site and just link through to your blog - and then pay someone to alter a blog template to match your BV template. (if you can't do this yourself)

I have no idea about this:
        If not, do you have any insight or suggestions on how to use BV developed pages as a blog?
        and know even less about Iframes - Karen would have to guide you on that one.

Comment

I wouldnt use BV pages as a blog. That would be alot of work. Youd have to rename and move pages around...unless you used the iframe. Much easier to use software that is created for blogging .

Now if you are asking to make a site...and then link one of the navigation buttons to your blog..thats a different story. You just create the blog and put the link on the nav button

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

i have a question to add onto what gillenium is asking...
            what would I put in the iframe that I put in my website?
            $T3V3

Comment

What do you want in the iframe?
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.marseillesyouthsports.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net
              How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

I want to put my blog in the iframe so I can put it on my regular webpage someone told me that I could put it in there but I am just wondering how.
                $T3V3

Comment

In your menu bar (or what ever you are going to use as the link) type if1 in for the target. You will also have to name your i-frame if1 in the i_frame properties, this will make the blog page load in the frame. You will have to play around with the size (in preview) to get it just right.
                  Reguards
                  Ed
                  www.dsondesigns.com
                  www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                  www.300hitter.com
                  www.bigjk.net
                  How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Working...
                  X