How am I doing so far on my Website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How am I doing so far on my Website?

Well this is my first time attempting to build a website. I am not quit finished yet still some work to do. I now have the majority of work finished besides all the frustrations while building it ..lol. If you all may be able to view my website, the layout, and etc. etc. and let me know how I am doing for a first timer. And any suggestions would be appreciated. I used BlueVoda to build my site.

Site; www.similkameen-okanagonshopping.com

Thankyou all very much!

www.similkameen-okanagonshopping.com
    Jon

"Challenge all policies and procedures regularly."

Re: How am I doing so far on my Website?

Wow you have a lot going on, personally I think the background is to dark. Several of your working links take you to another site (not yours) so there is no way to navagate back other than using the back button (not good), when you take users off site have that page open in a different window. Look at your buttons at the top, the spacing is off, you should also have the same navagation menu on every page so that the user can go anywhere at any time within your site. I really don't like the drop boxes all over the page, I would change all of them to sliding menus (again at the top of the page) and have them on all the pages. No one likes to have to return to the home page just to get around. Nice start though, just food for thought.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

I agree with the above, I checked your weather map....Holy Cow.. I mean bear...It is cold up there..LoL, I'm in florida and it is 76 degrees here..
      Sharon Chajin

Comment

Originally posted by SChajin View Post
        I agree with the above, I checked your weather map....Holy Cow.. I mean bear...It is cold up there..LoL, I'm in florida and it is 76 degrees here..
        Yeh Yeh Sharon don't rub it in, we had snow here in the windy city today
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Ha Ha...So sorry!
          Sharon Chajin

Comment

Got my design head on and have to agree that its quiet busy. Bear in mind that visitors really need to get to where they want to be in about 3 clicks.
            Try and stick to one font and stay with it all the way through, using size only to differentiate. Same with colour, one colour or two at the most.

Andy
            www.z*****.co.uk

Comment

Thankyou all for your suggestions. They are all Good.

- The navigation buttons yes I will have to work on that, thankyou.

- Open the page so it pops up in another window, I cannot get that option to work for somereason, I guess this is where I would have to publish to view right, in this case I would assume.

- Blackbckground is on temp. until I get the layout finished, I was thinking of a light tan. background.

- The drop boxs, do the slide boxs work similiar? I have to explain how I am setting up for...lol..srry. I figured their is too many pc illiterate pc users that always complain about having to click click click to get what they are looking for. So I thought it might be a good idea to get to the point with drop boxs, or maybe the slidemenu(i will try this). This web site is meant to benefit the use of kiosk's, without the links that lead to other sites. Maybe this could explain all the drop boxes.

- Fonts sizes and colours yes need to change..lol the big blue under construction is on temp.

More imput is needed on this, the more the merry it will be.

P.S. The weather is not bad here in the lower valley. It snows, and it gone by the end of the day. So if someone is getting too much snow send some up this way..lol

Thankyou members for your feedback.

Jon

"Challenge all policies and procedures regularly."

Comment

Working...
              X