This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperlink text

I am trying to hyperlink text on my website to a new page within my website but I am having several issues:

a) when i save my new page is saves as a bvp file which I believe is fine.
    b) when i link the text to that new page and try to preview it, it tells me that there is not such html page .. ?? (http://www.mypage.com/newpage.html) or if i try to look up from the menu, there arent any pages saved as html .. all pages appear with the bvp extention .. help !
    c) i run the test for links and that link does not validate.

Now I try to save the new page as an html file but I still get the same results .. what am I doing wrong???

Re: Hyperlink text

When you save a page you do not add any extentions. BV saves them as .bvp until you publish, then they will be converted. You can not test links to pages that are not published yet. You can test links to pages already on the web, but not to any you create until you publish them.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Bluevoda does save the pages as bvp files. Now when you publish these files to Vodahost, the clever bit of kit Bluevoda is, will convert these pages to html pages.

If you are previewing these pages, the links will not work as expected until you have begun to publish your pages.

Darren
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Dejavu ?!?!?
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net

Comment

Originally posted by D'son View Post
          Dejavu ?!?!?
          You - very quick typer - Me very slow - I must to improve my typing speed or use more than two fingers.
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Been there done that! Can't tell you how many times it happened to me.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net

Comment

Ok guys, a couple of things:

1) When I save the new page, I just type the name but the save file as is always set to bvp .. do I change that setting ? if yes, to which ?
              2) I have published it before but with the same results .. url not found ...

Having said that, I will start from scratch and publish it and wait for the results, but any other input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

It depends on what type of page you have if there is any type of form on it you will change it to a php (in the page properties) if not leave it as is. Remember when naming the page, use only lower case letters. For you home page save it as index nothing else, for all other pages the name is up to you but it shoud be relevent to the page.
                Reguards
                Ed
                www.dsondesigns.com
                www.300hitter.com
                www.bigjk.net

Comment

1) When I save the new page, I just type the name but the save file as is always set to bvp .. do I change that setting ? if yes, to which ?

No special settings, just save the page like index or contactus (all lower case and no spaces) and publish

2) I have published it before but with the same results .. url not found ...

What is your url? We can have a look

Having said that, I will start from scratch and publish it and wait for the results, but any other input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
                  Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

ok .. I have published but reading D'son's reply .. the use of CAPS when naming a page causes problems ??

my url is www.excelmedicalsupplies.com ... trying to link the text on the product page to a new page ..., KOL01_01 ... i saved the page from the backup file onto the general file ...

let me know .. thanks

Comment

Looks good I was able to pull up all the pages even the K0K01_01, not a good name though search engines will never acknowledge it.
                      Reguards
                      Ed
                      www.dsondesigns.com
                      www.300hitter.com
                      www.bigjk.net

Comment

yes, now can i change the name by just right click on the file and change it ?? I know I have to edit the link as well ... thanks for all the help .

Comment

You link works fine here. However, uppercase can cause troubles, seemingly unpredictably. It's very good practice to always use lowercase on URLs, links and even photos and things on your page.
                          CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                          CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                          CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

You will click file, save as and rename it, and publish. Then if you want go into your file manager to delete the old version (not really neccessary though)
                            Reguards
                            Ed
                            www.dsondesigns.com
                            www.300hitter.com
                            www.bigjk.net

Comment

I am posting here because I don't find anyway to start a new thread.
                              My website is http://carstopedal.com and it is an addon to http://safersecurityproducts.com

Here is the problem I am having with some information that I hope will help.
                              1. http://safersecurityproducts.com was published on SOL and I moved it to Voda hosting and rebuilt the site with Soho and it works fine.
                              2. I added http://carstopedal.com as an addon and built it with Blue Voda. I have published all seven pages more than once because nothing I do seems to work.

I can open the index page on line and I can open the other pages in preview but I can not open them on line.

I have studied all the Video training more time than I can count and searched and viewed tons of post's on this forum and tried every thing that has been suggested with no success.

I have contacted support and tried what they said. No success. They said I need to review the video or use the forum which I can understand as thier time is limited.

Hopefully you can help me solve this problem and maybe tell me why I can start a new thread.

Question # 1. Is it not working because I added it to a Soho built site? If so do I need to pay another hosting fee?

Thanks
                              Roy
                              Redmond
                              http://www.safersecurityproducts.com

Comment

Working...
                              X