Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone having experience with Camtasia Videos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone having experience with Camtasia Videos?

I recently created a video with Camtasia in order to highlight various screen shots of some websites. I created the html code and put it into an html box using blue voda as I have done successfully many times. However, nothing happens. Any suggestions. Someone gave me the idea that there may be aspects of Camtasia that need to be on my website somewhere, but I have no clue what that means. Please help. Thanks

Re: Anyone having experience with Camtasia Videos?

what format did you make the movie? is it a wmv, swf format?
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

i just looked at the software and it looks like it creates a file just like a flip book. i did this flip book and just imported it with the image tool as it is was saved as a gif file:
      is this what you want to do?
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Nice webpage, but it doesn't look like what I am doing. It's very simple actually. For example..Lets say I use my webcam to make a video. Once it is done I upload it to youtube and youtube gives me html code that I can simply copy and past into an html box on my webpage. Presto, the video plays once I publish that page with the new code in it. That is really all I am trying to do.

I have created a video in Camtasia. I have saved the video using the custom screen (flash mp4, with html code created.) All that I want to do is take that html code and paste it into my website html box for a video and have the video play..

I guess I don't understand the workings or the behind the scenes aspect of html because I simply can't believe that it is this complicated! One user, who uses Voda Host and blue voda website design software gave the idea that you simply upload the 5 additional files that camtasia produces into the public_html folder and bingo, the video plays. When I did that nothing happened but a big black box on my website. Unfortunately, that thread is a closed thread, otherwise I would have jumped on that thread to get further feedback.

Any additional help is appreciated. The camtasia tech support has not been very helpful only because they are not familiar with our hosting company and software. they have tried to help but no luck so far.

Comment

It might have something to do with your computer, as I have a black box
          with any type of video.

I have been asking why, as I have all the latest updates etc............

Even the videos shown here in the forums appear only with the black box ?¿?¿
          Hope we both get an answer....................
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I know exactly what you are talking about as I had the exact same problem.

This is what you do... When you produced your camtasia video, it gave
            you 5 new files in a folder. You need to put those 5 files in
            public_html/yourdomain folder where you want your video to be in.

1) Go to your BV desktop --> go to menu bar --> Tools --> FTP Manager
            You will get a split screen with your own computer files on the left side.
            The right side will be where you want your 5 files uploaded to on VH.

2) Hit "Connect" button on top left corner.

3) Enter Username & Password --> Hit "connect"

4) On the left side, find the folder with the 5 Camtasia files. You may need
            to use the "up" button to find it.

5) On the right side, open the folder where you want to put those 5 files.

6) Go back to the left side and highlight the 5 files and drag them with
            your mouse to the right side. Upload will take a little while. Let finish.

7) Now go back to BV desktop and hit the "flash" icon on the left vertical
            menu bar.

Double-click inside the flash box that is now on your desktop.

9) Browse for folder that contains the video with "_controller" on the end
            of it: This is not an extension. It just follows the name you gave the
            video file.

10) Hit "OK" and then "publish" as usual.

Suggestion: I deleted my entire folder for this domain to start fresh even
            though I had other pages published under this domain already. I just
            publish those pages all over again. The reason for this was because I had
            produced the Camtasia video so many times and upload them in all different
            ways and names that it's hard to tell which files were duplicated. Once I
            cleared everything and uploaded the 5 video files and the webpage
            containing the video, it worked on first try.
            http://GroceriesHomeDelivered.com
            http://ambit.me

Comment

Working...
            X