X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML code removal

Hi,

Awhile back I added the this code (<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache"></div> to my web pages based on I believe a recommendation I read on this forum. I tried to re-locate it but couldn't. I recently ran a website validator and it told me the code was causing an error. I went to each page and removed it but when I run the validator again it is still coming up with this error. I checked the pages again but can't find it. Does anyone know how I might be able to locate it?

Re: HTML code removal

In my opinion the problem is the </div> which is out of place (I can't be sure if i don't see the entire code).

Anyway, you probably pasted it in the Page HTML (View, Page HTML) in the Between Head Tag. Click on the Tags, one by one, until you find it.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

If you removed it from the pages.. most likely validator is running a cached page.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,
        Thanks for the feedback, However, I didn't paste it into the "page" HTML but rather a stand alone HTML. The code I mentioned was the entire code that I put on each page. You are probably right that the </div> is/was the problem but I deleted the code on each page anyway (or so I thought).
        Hi Karen,
        Your answer is probably correct. Do you know what code I can add (and where) to avoid the casheing (sp?) by the validator?

Comment

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache"> in the Between Head Tag is correct.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign!

Comment

Working...
            X