no payment shopping cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no payment shopping cart

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with a shopping cart. I want to put a shopping cart on my website. I know about soholaunch and the other cart systems like mal's but I am selling food by the lb and I will be sending them an invoice with the exact amount they will be paying after I put their order together. So, when they order from my website I would like them to be able to put in the quantities of each item they want on one page and then click a review order button and they would see only the items they want to order and the quantities of each item and then they could just send that to me through email. I built something like this in blue voda, but they can not review their order and when they send their order it sends me everything item on the page.
    Any suggestions?

qualityfoodscolorado.com

Thanks Kyle

Re: no payment shopping cart

You can do what you want with a form - you don't need a shopping cart for that. For exactly what you want, you might need to pay someone to make that kind of form for you - how many products are you talking about?

And why not use a shopping cart and have the per pound prices worked into it? How do you intend to collect their money? You can't take credit card information via email.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for replying. I don't have an inventory on hand to be able put the exact weight of each product. I go once a week to the farm to collect the food for the orders. It will be a couple of days after they order that I will send them their invoice. I was just going to send emails with a pay pal link after I put the customers order together. It's a local delivery service. I've been building the order page with a form, but I don't know how to set it up so that after the customer puts in the quantities of each item they want they can press a review order button and see just the items they have chosen and then send that to my email. Right now if they do that it sends every item available to my email with a number by the items they want and they don't get to review their order. I'm also hoping the order they send to me can also be sent to them so that they have a copy of their order. Any suggestions on what I have to do in the form to make this happen? or can you recommend anyone to build this for me.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Hi think your best bet is to make an inventory. OK might be time consuming to begin with, but time saving in the future. I use mals on one of my sites for a local business and works very well. It has a feature called 'add to my account' for account customers.

You are selling food buy the Ib so i am guessing that could be vegetables? If so you can't be talking about 100's of lines.

All you would have to do is work out a price per Ib and the customer would decide how many Ibs they want. Mals will do all the sums.

With mals, when a customer sends an order, you will get an email and they are emailed with an order confirmation.

If you got 100's of products, I would suggest soholaunch or another ecommerce platform.

All the best

Darren
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I don't want them to see a price at all unless it is the per lb price. On my website all the items are listed and have the per lb price with a box to put in the quantity. The only reason I am interest in a cart is so they can go to a page and see what they have chosen(a confirmation page). If I can do that with a form like Bethers said, that would be great. Its meat that I am selling and I can not put an exact price on their. Everything is weighed out already.

Comment

Originally posted by kylefitzp View Post
            Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with a shopping cart. I want to put a shopping cart on my website. I know about soholaunch and the other cart systems like mal's but I am selling food by the lb and I will be sending them an invoice with the exact amount they will be paying after I put their order together. So, when they order from my website I would like them to be able to put in the quantities of each item they want on one page and then click a review order button and they would see only the items they want to order and the quantities of each item and then they could just send that to me through email. I built something like this in blue voda, but they can not review their order and when they send their order it sends me everything item on the page.
            Any suggestions?

qualityfoodscolorado.com

Thanks Kyle
            If you are using soho, simply set the cart to email or outside processor instead of the ones there. Then you can figure their shipping and give them their final costs. There is an addon at the soholaunch addon site that lets you compute shipping by weight IE: for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS. Those would work fine as long as you put the WEIGHTS in the products for it to generate the calculations. Mals would do this as well.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X