Am I ready for search engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I ready for search engines

Hi I am new to this ,I have spent many hours building my site more than i care to mention I think that is good at last. so i could do with a second Opinion as to if I am ready to submit it to the search engines I have done the SEO etc but every time I look elsewhere their telling me something else could some please have a look for me and give advise www.raysremoterescue.com please be ruthless if you must, I can take it If I am ready please advise me how to go about it.
    Many thanks
    Ray.

Re: Am I ready for search engines

I Like Your Site!
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Nice looking site.....I take it from your "payments" page that you're British. Could be useful!
      (By the way, couldn't get your "video" page to open....maybe it's not finished.)
      AJD
      www.thebreezeandi.co.uk

Comment

Thanks ajd
        I think that you mean that you can get to the page but it shows no videos, in which case your right I haven't got round to building them yet. and thanks again for being so thorough.
        Ray.

Comment

thanks SChajin

Comment

nice looking site , just move your hit counter so it doesnt cover any writing , id put it right at the bottom of the page , thats if you really need one . i know its a quick visual , but cpanel stats work much better.
            Jaxxed a place for the disturbed ( or maybe just if your bored)

Comment

Hi Ray, your site looks great. Someone else mentioned that the grey text on blue background is a little difficlut to read, have to agree with that. Also there is an awful lot of text all together at the bottom of your home page - it may be worth thinking of ways to break this up a little as it's a little off-putting. Apart from that your site works well and looks good. Well done that man. Good luck.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Ray,
                The site is looking great,one thing, i personally would get rid of the duplicate links that appear up the top of page,bit confusing and detracts from your lovely main panel.Add your site url to your signature on bv forum,this will help your site get known as is picked up by the web crawlers,there are many free site submit links to be found in any search engine.Make sure you build a site map to make it easier for the robots to find all of your pages,links to ROR free site map generator can be found on bv.Hope this helps
                regards
                Jay

p.s.
                Maybe sign up for some affiliate programs to generate some extra income.cheeeers
                Jay
                www.orlandomouseworld.com

Comment

Jay
                  Thanks for your comments, I here what you say about the links there is a reason for it and I am working on getting rid of them. I have now done the url signature bit and I think that I now have the sitemap in place so its time to look for those links and affiliate programs.
                  once again thanks for your help.
                  Ray.
                  Ps I have 10 year old twin girls they call their selves the mini mouse twins on MSN.

Comment

job done thanks

Comment

Amanda
                      Thanks for your comments about the grey text, I have changed it on my home page only, could you please look? and let me know what you think before i change it on the whole site,I haven't really got an eye for this sort of thing but looking at what you do for a business it must come as second nature, so if you have any suggestion on the colour to use i would be very grateful (the code would be great"). As for the amount of text well I would like to get rid of it altogether but without it i have no meta tags if that makes sense! please let me know what you think.
                      Thanks.

Comment

Hi Ray,

Maybe you could try white text against the blue background?

If all else fails, you could do a text box with a white background and then try the colored text.

I hope that helps! :)

Kellie
                        Kellie

Cozy Cabin Candles and Crafts
                        http://www.ccabincandles.com

Comment

Hi Ray, it looks like you have used a pale blue rather than white. On having a second look, the problem doesn't seem quite as bad with the larger sized text but the tiny text is still very difficult to read. Maybe you should try white text, as Kellie suggests, and increase the size of the tiny text. Or use boxes, as Kellie also suggests, these would have the added benefit of breaking up the large areas of text. Tip - save a copy of ypur index page and call it practiceindex then you can mess about as much as you need to and when you're happy with it save it over your old index. That way, if you goof up, you've always got the original and don't have to start over.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks Kellie and Amanda
                            I just couldn't get on with white, so a compromise I have increased the size of the small text and moved it all down on the page slightly I don't really want anybody to read it but it has to be there for the meta tags ,I did hide it all in the first place but apparently thats a no no with the search engines.
                            whilst I am on that subject do you know how to get the free submission from VH?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ray2kc
                              thanks Kellie and Amanda
                              I just couldn't get on with white, so a compromise I have increased the size of the small text and moved it all down on the page slightly I don't really want anybody to read it but it has to be there for the meta tags ,I did hide it all in the first place but apparently thats a no no with the search engines.
                              whilst I am on that subject do you know how to get the free submission from VH?

Thanks.
                              Place a support ticket with all your info, asking them to go on with the one time free SE submission.
                              Navaldesign
                              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                              X