Form Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Help Needed

Hello, my site is www.mytoydreams.com I am completely lost and have no patience left. I have been up to 7:30 am as my longest effort and no success. Sometimes, when you try this long it is all a blur.

I wanted to go ecommerce and decided to go easiest cheapest route possible. changed status with PayPal, wanted to try their standard version with cart. eventually settling for the email a form. I made several forms, wathcing over and over tutorials, in the end I was able to submit and receive email in my domain mailbox, but none of the info on my form came through. All I want to do is to make possible customeres to visit site and place order. I see you have instant download carts, but I don't know if this is affordable. I am just looking for the easiest way to get passed this stage.

Any help is most appreciated.
    Thanx, Juls

;

Re: Form Wizard Tutorial

You need to change the file type from html to php, go to the page properties make the change save it and republish. Be sure to delete the html version and change all the links to that page.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thank you for your repy.

I have done this, and it still did not work. I believe my problem is the actual form I am creating. Doing something wrong.

Juls

Comment

I am seeing two pages, one is a html and one is a php. The html has your form on it and the php is just your contact info. You have the two reversed (for one thing). For another the one with your contact info you can keep as is if you want it will not hurt anything. Now for your form, it needs to be a php (it also should be saved as "order") as for the form itself you have many elements that extend beyond the border of the form itself, make sure when you are buiding it that everthing is well inside the form edges. Did you use the form wizzard? It will help alot. Once you change the name you will need to change the links also.

BTW it always best to start your own thread to get your questions answered I just happened to find it burried in this one.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net

Comment

Hi Ed, I am glad you found me, I actually spent 30 mins trying to find how to start new thread, could not find the key. Yes, I know I sound like a moron, and actually I am not. I am quite fried and over wrought with stress. How pleasant it is to speak to a person who can give me direction. Seriously.

So, I thought I replaced the html page to have this text phantom deleted. I am clueless as to how this appeared. (though sure it is my fault) As for the php page, I thought I had taken this down to save but not published.

Ok, what I did was, I made the form and then moved it to a new (copy) of my contact page. the one that shows a form, sloppy form, is the first one I tried. this one did not work, even as a php.

I changed so many times I can't recall what went right and wrong.

I should keep the page with form, clean up and publish as php? I could not get the page to change in the areas wizzard put php info, and how it is sent. I will try to change the html to php.

Juls

Comment

Ed, i cannot find the html in my files. the file I have saved contact.html does not have the form portion, it is just my clean original page. How can I get rid of this? or find it to change to php?

Comment

What has probably happened in the procees of all the changes you published the page changed it resaved it and re published. I would probably just create a new page ( name it order) so that you will know exactly where and what you are working with. If you use the wizard it will publish it as a php for you. As you create the page follow the suggestions I gave prior to ade in getting it correct the first time. Also you will need a succes and an error page for the form to work properly. These are simple and unless you change the names in the form properties save them as such. Hint these will be html pages.
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net

Comment

That may be part of my problem, I have a success page, and no error page.

can I create the form as a new page and when completed cut and paste to my original contact page, change save name to "order", or do I have to create it inside the contact page? if so, do I change any of the page properties? Or simply change the links to the new "contact.php" page?

It will take a while for me to go back and forth from this to my kids, so would you mind if I send further questions if needed later, after I am involved?
                Thanks.
                I appreciate your help,very much.
                Juls

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean when you asked if you can cut and paste your contact page. But yes you can contact me via email through my site, contact us.
                  Good luck
                  Reguards
                  Ed
                  www.dsondesigns.com
                  www.300hitter.com
                  www.bigjk.net

Comment

I mean is it possible to create the form in a new and blank page, save the forms and cut and paste into my existing contact page?

I want to have info and order in one form. I could not seem to do this with the wizzard
                    juls

Comment

I meant can I build my form in a new blank page and then cut and paste it to my existing contact page? which I will re name "order"

Also, I can't seem to find a way in form wizzard to make an info portion and an order portion, does this need to be 2 forms on one page?

Comment

oops! thought I lost that first one...

Comment

I would cut and paste the the stuff you want on the page (if you do not want to recreate it) but then add the form to that page. As for if you need two form it would depend on what you want the forms to do. If they are just gathering contact info and placing orders via email (no cart) then it could all be one form, I suppose. The forms are all going to pass info to you via email, it will not proccess orders, create data bases or anything other that send an email to you.

From what I see on your site you would be better off using a shopping cart (since you want to use paypal), there are several in your c-panel to choose from. Look into using them, there are videos and many post on how to set them up.
                          Reguards
                          Ed
                          www.dsondesigns.com
                          www.300hitter.com
                          www.bigjk.net

Comment

Working...
                          X