Verifying site with Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verifying site with Google

I have published, checked meta tags etc. Re-published, gone through site mapping.
    Reaching the stage of verifying with Google I tried to enter a verification meta tag in the position instructed by Google.
    Using index page html Page Properties the options for pasting the tags are
    "Start of Page" - no not the right spot
    "Between the Head Tags" - no that one doesn't work.

I am told it should be placed AFTER "Head" but before the "Title" but there is no way it will accept pasting in that position.

It was yet another frustrating series of hours in an exercise in futility.

Google does not accept my website, yet if I Key in frogwrite.com in Yahoo by site comes up, but not if I merely key in frogwrite.

Wading through the 26 page Google guide to SEO's I am appalled at its lack of understandability, is a translation available as I'm sure its not in my native language.

Gerry Frustration Leaper
    ps how come I get two stripes when I'm no wiser than when I had none, I will remain permanently a Private.
    Last edited by gerryleaper; 12-16-2008, 10:15 PM. Reason: additional observation

Re: Verifying site with Google

Hi Gerry,

Ok, first thing to do is forget verification in the manner that you are doing.

The best way is to choose the 'upload a file' option. I find the code in your html option fails after 6 or so months and Google will ask you to reverify all the time.

So, choose the file option. Copy the code they give you apart from the end bit (.html)

Open a blank white page in BV and name it exactly the same as the code from google. Publish it to your site root folder i.e. public_html if this is your main site you are verifying.

Then click the verify button on the Google webmasters page.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks it's taken a few @@!!?? words, and restarts etc but now on the Google Dashboard it says Site - 1 and there is a tick under Verify.
      What now, is it a question of waiting, can I find out when it will be accepted on Google.
      If I key in "frogwrite" on Yahoo I can't see it, but if I key in frogwrite.com the site comes up first pop, do I have to go through another process for it to find the website?
      Thanks
      Gerry

Comment

Google HAVE found you, but hust not given you a good position! You need to have a look at page titles, keywords/phrases and page descriptions (in other words, your META data).. Improve on this and your ranking will improve.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

hi all

I just wanted to know that after indexing my site if I make further change in either keyword or in the page content then am I have to index my page again or it will update automatically to the Google by republishing on my host only.
          Ankit Chaurasia
          Maya Fan Air Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
          www.mayafan.in

Comment

ankit

dont make duplicate posts.

If google notices changes often it will index your site often, you cant FORCE it to index any faster than it does even if you tell it to.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X