Build my e-commerce page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build my e-commerce page

Hi, I need someone to build a shopping cart page for me. I already have my website built(kind of) in Bluevoda. So, I guess what I need is to have a shopping cart page built in Zencart or something like that and linked to the website I already have. From reading some of the other post I believe this can be done. I looked into doing it myself, but I think what I need is just a little to complicated for me. I don't have the budget to pay for a whole website to be built and I really like the website that I have. I have a couple of unique things I am trying to do with this page that I can explain to any takers in detail. Please let me know if you think you can help.

Thanks
    Kyle

Re: Build my e-commerce page

Hi Kyle

If you've kind of built a site in BV, depending on how many products we are talking about you could probably use something like 'Mals Cart' I've used it in one of my signature sites. See Kind Office below.

Darren
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I have looked into Mal's. It wont work for what I want to do(or at least I can't figure out how it would). I'm running a local food delivery service. I would like people to be able to register for an account and log in. That way all their info is saved. The they could go to an order page that has all the products listed(about 65 or so). They would then put the quantities of each product they want and hit a view order button. Then they could review thier order and email it to me. A confirmation of thier order would also go to them. I do not want them to pay online through the website, I would send them an email with thier total along with other charges and a link to a Pay Pal type account account. I would also like to incorporate somekind of zip code form. See we delivery to different areas in the city on different days of the week and I would like the customer to be able to find what day we can delivery to them by entering their zip code. This info would also stay in thier registration. It seems like a lot of work, thats why I need someone else to do it.

Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by kylefitzp View Post
        I have looked into Mal's. It wont work for what I want to do(or at least I can't figure out how it would). I'm running a local food delivery service. I would like people to be able to register for an account and log in. That way all their info is saved. The they could go to an order page that has all the products listed(about 65 or so). They would then put the quantities of each product they want and hit a view order button. Then they could review thier order and email it to me. A confirmation of thier order would also go to them. I do not want them to pay online through the website, I would send them an email with thier total along with other charges and a link to a Pay Pal type account account. I would also like to incorporate somekind of zip code form. See we delivery to different areas in the city on different days of the week and I would like the customer to be able to find what day we can delivery to them by entering their zip code. This info would also stay in thier registration. It seems like a lot of work, thats why I need someone else to do it.

Kyle
        Yes Mals cart is probably a bit too basic, but very straight forward, easy to use and FREE.

Having used it for KInd Office a customer can build and order and view it as often as they like, when they go to check out they can save their personal details by ticking a check box. When they go to the payment bit, you can give them options 1) Pay by paypal (so they can pay immediately) 2)add to my account (so they can pay later). When the transaction has been completed, you get and email with their requirments and they get an order confirmation.

There is no login. Ask yourself do you really need a login. Are your prices the same for each customer?

The Zip code thing, thats a no

I don't know too much about the other carts available but i am sure others will be along soon.

Darren
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

You almost need someone like Naval to customize this for you. He has a cart.. and would most likely be able to give you the search criteria etc that you need. Contact him.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen and DarrenC, I'm going to go with Mal's. I think I can make it work. I can't do exactly what I want but hey its free. Just need to get creative. The only problem I'm having is making buttons with the hyperlinks. I think I'm following their instructions correctly. I can't get it to work for the view cart code or the make your own button thing they have. The html buttons work fine. If anyone can explain how to do the hyperlinks, please let me know. Also Darren, how did you get the colors on Mal's to match your website?

Thanks Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by kylefitzp View Post
              Thanks Karen and DarrenC, I'm going to go with Mal's. I think I can make it work. I can't do exactly what I want but hey its free. Just need to get creative. The only problem I'm having is making buttons with the hyperlinks. I think I'm following their instructions correctly. I can't get it to work for the view cart code or the make your own button thing they have. The html buttons work fine. If anyone can explain how to do the hyperlinks, please let me know. Also Darren, how did you get the colors on Mal's to match your website?

Thanks Kyle
              Hi Kyle, All the answers to hyperlinking to mals cart, can be found within mals's, just read every little detail.

To match my colours, I downloaded a colour matcher. Do a search on Google. I am sure there are free ones you can download.

Darren
              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thanks Darrenc

Comment

Working...
                X