• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEEDBACK is always a good thing!

Please, go visit my VH hosted Caricaturist Website,
    and tell me what you do think of it...

Thank you very much.

Re: A feedback is always a good thing...

I think your home page is waay to long. The text is to large and you repeat things over and over again. I think you will turn away a lot of people that may actually be interested because you just over whelm them with all the jibberish and repetition. Not the worst start I've seen but I would reconsider the home page. Thats as far as I went, could stand any more at the moment.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Hi, got some great caricatures on the site. Might look better with a coupler of your best ones right in the middle of the opening page.
      Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you very much for your kind advice D'son !

I understand totally what you mean.

I've added such bombastic repetitions some days ago only.
        I wanted to be sure people would understand what I wish them to know and do.
        I'm ready to remove these repetitions...

Yes, this page is long...I made it that long perhaps two weeks ago.

Before that, my site had too many pages,
        and people didn't visit all of them, so I decided
        to put all the info in one place : the home page.

I will work on the length too.

Comment

Thank you Collectors-info !

I'll follow your advice !

Comment

Hi there,
            Sorry, I'm not commenting on your site...Because I was to busy looking at your caricatures..To much, just loved them...So funny
            Sharon Chajin

Comment

Originally posted by SChajin View Post
              Hi there,
              Sorry, I'm not commenting on your site...Because I was to busy looking at your caricatures..To much, just loved them...So funny
              Hi SChajin.
              Which nicer comment could I ever ask for ?
              Thank you.

I guess D'son will check my site anew, even though it was a harsh experience for him.
              I listened to his advice.

As for Collectors-info, I'd like to listen to his advice,
              but more caricatures on the home page will contribute to make it even longer than it is already...
              Perhaps with a size-reduction of the said caricatures will this be doable...

Comment

Getting better, I would make the text in the banner larger maybe add a fade effect to the back ground. I still see a lot of unneeded self promotion. This is your site you do not need to keep adding the name of your site to your text they are aleady there. Also you phrasing is poor, for example you have
                "CaricatureMan.com : remove
                The BEST Caricaturist (Charactures) At The LOWEST Prices (On The WWW") remove this. Its the web not WWW thats just used to get to an address.

Its simple things like that that still turn me off. Also why not just have the images linked to a price page insted of listing them all on your home page, just have samples of each category. I love your work, now lets make your site as brilliant.
                Reguards
                Ed
                www.dsondesigns.com
                www.300hitter.com
                www.bigjk.net

Comment

Thank you D'son,
                  for still having the guts (LOL) to go there...

I appreciate very much your comments,
                  and you can actually see me doing what you say,
                  because I guess you want to help me.

As soon as I finish typing this, I go "there"...

Comment

Done concerning the repetitions !

As for the banner/header, this was already an issue for me, back then, when I was building this site.
                    I didn't get that much help, and left it as it is currently.

Concerning the Prices List, I even had it on a page of its own, but it was hardly noticed...
                    That's why I put it in the Home Page.

Comment

Hardly noticed by whom? If someone is really interested in ordering they will look at it, the window shoppers will not bother even if it is all on the home page. If you have thumbs of your work, they will click on them to see them better and there you could have your prices for that specific category. The point is you want to intice viewers to go further into your site, look around and feel comfortable so make sure you have good navagation (same on every page) so they browse easily.
                      Reguards
                      Ed
                      www.dsondesigns.com
                      www.300hitter.com
                      www.bigjk.net

Comment

Scythian, you had asked for help with your banner and if I remember right about your buttons. I quickly made one that you might be interested in, based on your color scheme, take a look http://www.marseillesyouthsports.com/caricatureman.html
                        if you are interested in it contact me through my site and I can send you this one or walk you through it. As you can see I have all the buttons at the top for a couple of reasons, you can use this as the template for all yor pages and add all your content under it and because as I said I thought I remembered you asking for those very buttons before (could have been someone else let me know).
                        Reguards
                        Ed
                        www.dsondesigns.com
                        www.300hitter.com
                        www.bigjk.net

Comment

Originally posted by D'son View Post
                          Hardly noticed by whom? If someone is really interested in ordering they will look at it,
                          Once again, you're right.
                          the window shoppers will not bother even if it is all on the home page. If you have thumbs of your work, they will click on them to see them better and there you could have your prices for that specific category.
                          You mean this, instead of me having albums like I have so far ?
                          --->Thumb-pictures instead of pictures in albums ?
                          The point is you want to intice viewers to go further into your site, look around and feel comfortable so make sure you have good navagation (same on every page) so they browse easily.
                          If it is thumb-pictures instead of albums that you meant,
                          I'll have quite some work to do (anew)...

; )

Comment

Originally posted by D'son View Post
                            Scythian, you had asked for help with your banner and if I remember right about your buttons. I quickly made one that you might be interested in, based on your color scheme, take a look http://www.marseillesyouthsports.com/caricatureman.html
                            if you are interested in it contact me through my site and I can send you this one or walk you through it. As you can see I have all the buttons at the top for a couple of reasons, you can use this as the template for all yor pages and add all your content under it and because as I said I thought I remembered you asking for those very buttons before (could have been someone else let me know).
                            Great job, D'son !

But placing a whole new template into my soho website will perhaps put a real mess there,
                            perhaps perturbing everything, including the shopping-cart, its various categories, the albums, everything ?

Comment

Oh I thought you were building this using BV. Soho is a totally different animal. I haven't used it yet. But some of the concepts are still worth concidering as far as the structure of your site. I am constantly working on mine (along with helping others build theirs) and as I see a better way I play around with it.
                              Reguards
                              Ed
                              www.dsondesigns.com
                              www.300hitter.com
                              www.bigjk.net

Comment

Working...
                              X