X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit card processing

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL

I wanted some advice on the following.

I am doing a plan for a website that will be selling products for multiple vendors. I understand by way of information seeking that all the products that I intend to carry on this site for these vendors, the vendors must have a resellers liscense to facilitate transactions particularly in the US.

Is there a reference manual with all the lists of products that a vendor need to have resellers liscense for that I can keep handy or in my possession?

I want to make sure that these vendors who are giving me products to sell, they are liscense as re-sellers. I know in some cases the vendors dont know that they should be liscense.

Also where can I find payment gateway processors? if thats the right term.

Thank you so much

Riccii
    robinhoodmegastore.com

Re: Credit card processing

I dont think they need to be licensed to be resellers. What they need to be licensed to do, is collect sales tax in their state, county, and municipality. This isnt UP to you actually or anything YOU are responsible for.. just your own licensing.

Anyone can register a federal ID number rather they resell or not..this is more to do with the hiring of employess than reselling.

I understand what you are opening is to be a sort of a vendors MALL, or.. will you be reselling these products and ordering them from them? Theres quite a bit of difference. If they are selling you dont need the merchant account, if you are selling and just wish to display different SUPPLIERS like a category and then you actually do the transaction with the customer then you need a MERCHANT ACCOUNT and a GATEWAY. If you are a U.S. citizen, vodahost has a merchant account availble for you to apply to. You must also determine what gateway youd like to use (authorize.net for example) and make sure that what ever you build with is integrated for payment processing with this GATEWAY. You will also need dedicated ip and SSL also available with vodahost, for a fee to process onsite cc payments (again determined on how you build your cart)... or a third party processor such as cartmanager, paypal, mals ecart or directly from your Gateway such as authorize.net.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
      I dont think they need to be licensed to be resellers. What they need to be licensed to do, is collect sales tax in their state, county, and municipality. This isnt UP to you actually or anything YOU are responsible for.. just your own licensing.

Anyone can register a federal ID number rather they resell or not..this is more to do with the hiring of employess than reselling.

I understand what you are opening is to be a sort of a vendors MALL, or.. will you be reselling these products and ordering them from them? Theres quite a bit of difference. If they are selling you dont need the merchant account, if you are selling and just wish to display different SUPPLIERS like a category and then you actually do the transaction with the customer then you need a MERCHANT ACCOUNT and a GATEWAY. If you are a U.S. citizen, vodahost has a merchant account availble for you to apply to. You must also determine what gateway youd like to use (authorize.net for example) and make sure that what ever you build with is integrated for payment processing with this GATEWAY. You will also need dedicated ip and SSL also available with vodahost, for a fee to process onsite cc payments (again determined on how you build your cart)... or a third party processor such as cartmanager, paypal, mals ecart or directly from your Gateway such as authorize.net.

Karen
      Thank You Karen. That makes perfect sense.

Actually its the latter Im planning on doing. Where I I will need a merchant account and a gateway. Im not a US Citizen and thats where the problem comes in. I learnt that processors in the US require that all the products that are being displayed for sale on the site needs to be liscense from the vendors side. I dont want to carry a product on my site if a vendor is not liscense to sell that product.

If I could get a list of all the products that a vendor needs liscense to sell for then that could help. Is there such a list?

Case in point: A vendor is interested in my site displaying an ****** for sale. The vendor sells a wide variety of electronics from different makers.
      How do I know that its safe for me to display that phone and the vendor may not be liscense to sell ***** products? but sells it nonetheless and is doing it for a while now. This would be the first time displaying online by that vendor.

Riccii

Comment

Ok.. what you are doing is called DROPSHIPPING. You dont actually retain the product. What you do is look for reputable suppliers. Theres NO guarantees. Theres lists of reputable business etc. But processors only care that YOU are properly licensed.. not your products, the only other issue is that YOU are authorized to USE that trademark. Therefore no legal infringement. For instance you can sell **** ericson cell phones, but you cant NAME yourself **** ERICSON in any manner or imply that you are affiliated with them other than delivering the product. You cant say that you sell DESIGNER *******S and imply your products are equal to say *****.. or that your bags are knock offs of *****S or in any other way use that name to describe your product.

I mean you need to ask your VENDORS these questions, and where they get their authorization. If they are legit they should have NO problem giving you the resources you need.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Also if you are a NON U.S citizen you will need to look for gateways/processors in your country as well as a merchant account. I can assist you with OFFSHORE merchant accounts, however, it needs to be a LARGE account as its VERY EXPENSIVE To do this. This means you would most likely have to be an established company with a proven credit record and assets. Im pretty sure you probably wouldnt qualify for this, so .. you will be limited in what you do.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks so much Karen

I will look into these things and let you know what happens.

Comment

Working...
            X