linking thumbnails to pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linking thumbnails to pictures

hi all, i am creating a gt4 gallery and want to know what's the best way to link thumbnails to images. what i have done so far is used pixresizer and made a whole lot of thumbnails in a folder called gt4thumbs. i put all these on my page and then i had to create a new page for every picture. is there perhaps a way to let each picture pop up in the same window once a thumbnail is pressed. thanks

Re: linking thumbnails to pictures

if you are using bluevoda the best way to do is by using photo gallery tools, here you can choose target of widow for thumbnail either same window, new window or popup window.

Comment

You can also use an inline frame like I did. Go to www.goldenleaf-lighting.com click on gallery or projects, and pick one. Under the picture I have 1-9 and when you click on the numbers (which would be thumbnails for you) only the picture chanes in that area. I could explain to you how I did it, but there is a guy Navaldesign who explained it to me. He knows how to do it well.

Comment

Have a look at http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...html#post19392
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I'm trying to follow Navaldesign's instruction in the previous post, but I just don't understand what the PixResizer is, where to find it would be a great help. Perhaps I'm just missing something, any help would be appreciated. Trying to create thumbnails that will give the viewer the option to view the picture in a larger view.
          Rcmaddawg
          www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

Originally posted by rcmaddawg
            I'm trying to follow Navaldesign's instruction in the previous post, but I just don't understand what the PixResizer is, where to find it would be a great help. Perhaps I'm just missing something, any help would be appreciated. Trying to create thumbnails that will give the viewer the option to view the picture in a larger view.
            Go to the VodaHost h Help Centre - you will find it under Downloads.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Another picture reference tool;

http://netisopen.com/computer/PICT001/PT001.html

Hope this helps some.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thank you Girlonthehill and Andy...that was a great help. I have it all figured out now, not that hard. Except for one thing...grrr...I can't seem to get the pic to fill the Iframe...always have some left over. I have tried and tried to resize the pic, but I always loose some of the pic. Is there by any chance an easy way to that? The rest is a walk in the park.
                Rcmaddawg
                www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

Originally posted by rcmaddawg
                  Thank you Girlonthehill and Andy...that was a great help. I have it all figured out now, not that hard. Except for one thing...grrr...I can't seem to get the pic to fill the Iframe...always have some left over. I have tried and tried to resize the pic, but I always loose some of the pic. Is there by any chance an easy way to that? The rest is a walk in the park.
                  Try resizing the i-frame.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have done that so many times now...and the same thing happens, I loose some of my pic on either the right side or the bottom. I always seem to have a bit of the I-frame on the top and the left side.
                    Rcmaddawg
                    www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

Usually nat all pics are the same size. So what's the solution? create a page with e rectangle of the excact same size of your Iframe. Colour the rectangle, as if it was a background. Import the pic in this page. Resize it directly in there and center it relatiely to the rectangle. Publish the page. In the i frame, open this page. Repeat for all the pics. Hava a look at http://www.navaldesign.info/Linda/lindasindex.html and http://www.navaldesign.info/Linda/pic1.html
                      Navaldesign
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you Naval...I couldn't get the colored triangle to work the way I wanted...so I imporvised for the time being...check out the page...all suggestions and ideas welcome. The page I changed is the Nitro Trucks
                        Rcmaddawg
                        www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

rc-

Looks fantastic! Nice job.

Andy
                          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

UYes, it's quite good. I have excactly the same thing in my site: have a look at http://www.navaldesign.info/Italiano...ull_nr_06.htmlThe advantage of the solution i posted is that you can also add comments, further links etc. in the page that opens in the frame.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you Naval, I printed off your instructions for futher reference. They were very easy to follow.
                              Rcmaddawg
                              www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

Working...
                              X