Using Coppermine - I've installed now what

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Coppermine - I've installed now what

I went to my cp and installed coppermine. Now what? It's on the server. Are there instructions for using it?

In my new site. I created a gallery. But each picture shows up by itself. I want to be able to do the following for example (see www.bruceoronte.com)

when you go into kichens: I want to have 3 or 4 different kitchens shown, so when you click on one, what you'd see is either a slide show of the various images so you see beginning middle end result then be able to click out of that kitchen an click on the next one and see it's photos. Is this possible? In another thread someone said coppermine. But what do I do with it?

Right now I have one kitchen with several pictures, and you click on one and it just opens up bigger, and you have to use the back button on the browser. (I know the picutres are too big as they are slow to load and will try to figure that out).

Any suggestions?
    Debbie

Re: Using Coppermine - I've installed now what

I don't know what coppermine is or how to use it but I have some nice picture galleries on my site www.goldenleaf-lighting.com under gallery or projects. Navaldesign told me how to do it this way(I just psoted this in another thread). If you like it I can try to help you. Let me know.

Comment

Patrick, You have a very nice web site. When I first went into the gallery I didn't immediately realize that there were image numbers at the bottom to view for each of the projects.

I believe I read the thread where you received assistance on the process using inline frame. I tried it but couldn't figure it out from the instructions you were given. He said to open an inline frame where you want the picture to go on your page. Then under that put the numbers you want as text. This is where I got lost. Are the numbers created using the text tool? How do you link them? If you have the time I'd appreciate a better understanding of how you did this.

Thanks
      Debbie
      www.brucejoronte.com

Comment

First I would suggest placing all the pictures in a folder on your computer. Rename them something easy like for instance my Buckingham Project pictures are labeled “b1, b2, b3, ect.” For photos of kitchens you may want to label them “k1, k2, k3, ect.” Once you have done that go to the bluevoda website builder and add the pictures by fist clicking on FTP Manager. Click Connect and fill out the directions to connect. On the left side will be files from your computer, and on the right files added to your site. Find the pictures on your computer, take the files(pictures) and drag them into the “public_html” folder. In this folder you should see many files that you created in bluevoda. After this, disconnect and close the FTP manager. Now Open the page you want to edit and create the inline frame where you want it. Double click the frame and under NAME: put “photoframe1” Under URL type https://www.<span style="color:Red">...ainname</span>.com/k1. You put “k1” or what ever you labeled your first picture, so when people first go to that page that picture is already on the inline frame. Also if they want to see that picture again after viewing others they can click the tumbnail and veiw it. Fill out the rest of the properties then close the inline frame properties. Now if you want a thumbnail of that picture put that on the page and double click. Under properties click on link, in the URL put https://www.<span style="color:Red">...ainname</span>.com/k1, now in the target section put “photoframe1” . At this point you can add more thumbnails and do the same just change the link to “https://www.<span style="color:Red">...ainname</span>.com/k2, k3, k4, ect.” Now when you enter your page the first picture in the inline frame will be “k1” but when you click on another thumbnail that picture will show up in the inline frame.

Hope this helps its kinda crazy but post again if you need more info

Comment

Originally posted by dmk1
          Patrick, You have a very nice web site. When I first went into the gallery I didn't immediately realize that there were image numbers at the bottom to view for each of the projects.

I believe I read the thread where you received assistance on the process using inline frame. I tried it but couldn't figure it out from the instructions you were given. He said to open an inline frame where you want the picture to go on your page. Then under that put the numbers you want as text. This is where I got lost. Are the numbers created using the text tool? How do you link them? If you have the time I'd appreciate a better understanding of how you did this.

Thanks
          Debbie
          www.brucejoronte.com
          Read http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...html#post19392
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you Patrick and Naveldesign. It's late and I've printed out both of your responses and will try to read them tonight. I'll let you know how it turns out.

thanks
            dmk1

Comment

Working...
            X