PDA

View Full Version : IFrame Help

lancecb
01-04-2009, 01:48 AM
I am using an IFrame on my home page. I am linking to a file that contains a table with some data. The name of the table is district_schedule.bvp. However when I publish the page the file does not show up in the IFrame. What am I doing wrong?

D'son
01-04-2009, 01:50 AM
Exactly how did you link it? And what is the link?

lancecb
01-04-2009, 01:55 AM
Ed,
I did the following:
1. I dbl clicked on the IFrame
2. I then clicked on "Browse for a file"
3. I sellected the file name "district_schedule.bvp"
4. clicked "OK"
Thats it.

When I review the page on the web, the IFrame displays the text:

"Not Found

The requested URL /district_schedule.bvp was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

D'son
01-04-2009, 02:02 AM
Once you publish nothing will have the .bvp extension any longer it will either be a .html or .php
if you created the page (in BV) and named it district_schedules and published it, it will be
http: //www .yoursite.com/district_schedules.html
No spaces though

davidundalicia
01-04-2009, 02:10 AM
And dont forget that when you link the table page
you put the iframe name in the TARGET box...................and both pages should be published.

lancecb
01-04-2009, 02:14 AM
The problem that I am having is that when I am in bv, the link is created as filename.bvp and when I link it to the IFrame the .bvp extension is attached. However, when I publish the pages (index.bvp & district_schedule.bvp) the link is still looking for .bvp and is not finding it on the server.

D'son
01-04-2009, 02:19 AM
You have to change the extension to html, BV only creates the bvp extension when it saves it to your computer. Once you publish it changes automatically to either html or php. You have to have the right file names, paths and extensions for the page to be located on the web.

lancecb
01-04-2009, 02:26 AM
Ed,
Please take a look at www.ehsnkaty.net. Please help me understand what I am doing wrong. As you can see it is telling me that "districtscores.bvp" is not found on the server.

D'son
01-04-2009, 02:37 AM
Exactly, it will never find any pages with the bvp extensions on the servers (Only in your computer, which are not on the servers) I went to your site I was able to find this page (by manually typing in the address
http://www.ehsnkaty.net/districtscores.html
but http://www.ehsnkaty.net/district_schedules.html is just a blank page.
As I said before there are no .bvp extension in links anywhere, anytime.

lancecb
01-04-2009, 03:32 AM
Thanks! I got it to work by typing in the url in the link within bv using .html. Sothat when the page was published it was able to find the file on the server.

D'son
01-04-2009, 03:37 AM
Good job, make sure you do that for all your links they all work the exact same way.