Google + Yahoo search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google + Yahoo search

HI, here again. i was trying to find out what is wrong with the keywords of my site, but i did not find the reason, yahoo do not find my site at all, google yes, but without any description of the website, or any related similar websites, just the url and nothing more, i have tested my keywords and according to the test they where ok, the same for the description and title of my website, but when the url is found by google it does not have not even a description..

What is the best way to optimize my keywords and description....what else must i do..

Re: Google + Yahoo search

Hi Julia,

I'm having problems with search engines too.

Yahoo has me listed when you do a search for the business name, but my site can't be found when searching for anything else, and I'm not listed with google at all. lol

I've read on one of the forums that it can take somewhere around 6 months for google to list you, so if you're already there I'd say you're off to a good start.

Have you used the keyword digger in BV?

Kellie
    Kellie

Cozy Cabin Candles and Crafts
    http://www.ccabincandles.com

Comment

Here's the link for the article I mentioned. Good luck with your site! :)

Kellie

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sea...google+sandbox
      Kellie

Comment

Thanks for the link Kjay, any way my site it's not ready, i think it's just too early to be found for a google search made by a keywords, i do not know how this works, i am a bit confused, some people say do not submit your site more than once, while some other people are offering the service to submit your site every month, do not be worried about changing your keywords trying to rank, it does not help, while others advice you professional assistance to optimize your keywords..

I will see, my site needs a couple of months to be ready the way i planned, should be nice if people with good ranked websites let us know the way they did it..

Comment

I agree that the whole argument over keywords can be confusing and add to the frustration when you're new to all of this.

IF I understand it correctly, the importance of keywords differ from Search Engine to Search Engine. (One Search Engine will consider the keywords to be important, while another doesn't.)

I've spent countless hours searching through the forums, and different articles I've found on the net, (I think my rear end is permanently numb from sitting in front of the pc so long! lol) and to throw my 2 cents out there, it certainly doesn't hurt to use the best keywords possible for your site, but don't ignore any other aspect of making your site search engine "friendly".

As for how often to submit your site, I have a list that I have submitted to, and submit once a month, especially if I'd made any changes. (Which I do as I learn new things about BV)

Don't give up on it... sooner or later you'll get it all figured out, and your site will be a huge success! :)

Kellie
          Kellie

Comment

I have simmilar problem, except that Yahoo and MSN are good, but google keeps ignoring my site. I try to submit the site to google as many time it allows me. I am not sure if it is good policy or just waste of time.
            George

Comment

Submitting will not help you - but having a good, professional, readable, user-friendly site with no typos and grammatical errors all fixed - then working on getting links to your site - will finally get you found by Google. Yahoo and MSN don't have the "sandbox" that Google has. The average time for people with well optimized sites to see organinc searches showing up for their top keywords - is anywhere from 6-12 months. And remember - to show up high enough in their rankings - it means you have to have that professional site I first mentioned.

I'm new to this forum - but have been doing site optimization for a long time.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi,
                I'm not sure what I did wrong, or what I didn't do right.
                I published a one page 'under construction' site and have been expanding it's contents rather than changing it to 'index'. Not sure how to do that without losing all the content of my original site that isn't complete yet.

My question/problem is: when I do a search for 'thai house plans' in Yahoo, the site comes up #7 out of 2 million plus, but, it shows the full url unlike the other sites listed. I'm a bit leary to experiment with the tool/meta tags, etc., in fear of losing my placement on the first page of the Yahoo search..Also, no placement at all in Google...
                I hope all this doesn't sound to confusing.
                Thank you for any help and/or advise.

Tomissan
                thai-land-house.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, thai-land-house.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                Thai House Plans
                Interior - Exterior, 3D Design

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

My site is listed on every search engine I know of, EXCEPT ask.com I have no idea why, thats just the web for ya.

Comment

Google for one will remove sites from their rankings that have any form of "under construction" about them. They really do not like sites being submitted that are not finished sites. Some other may do the same.

FPRULES

Comment

Julia,

Blue Voda's KeyWordDigger is an awesome tool. I support it 100% Though I did want to set out these key word links. One is for Google, the other for Yahoo/O*****re. They may help, may not. I hope they do though. :o)

Also here is a list of search directories to help you get your site out there, some of these are free some arent.

At Strongest Links you can find good linking partners, track directory submission and manage your online promotion campaign. Try it for free.

Hope this helps!
                      brenT

Comment

Working...
                      X