Adding text over a background image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding text over a background image

I'm new the building of web sites. I've encountered a problem while building my bluevoda website. I've added a background image to my home page and added some text. In bv it looks fine. The problem is that when I preview my page the text shows up with a white background. I want to see the text shown directly on my background image. can anyone advise me on how to fix this

Re: Adding text over a background image

Insert the text box, double click it like you are going to add text. Look at the font buttons (near the top of the page), click the one just to the right of the text color (it is the back ground color) and click reset back ground.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

thanks

Comment

Hi, I'm creating a new site and would like to know if there is a way to add a shadow to fonts over an image? The font disappears in some sections and I think a shadow would fix this issue... unless anybody has a different idea. Thanks.
        www.madinmelbourne.com.au
        the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

The only way to add a shadow or a hilite to a font would be to change it to an image or create it as an image in software application like paint shop, paint or corel, photoshop.. something like that.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Or make a second copy of the same text, place it on top of the original text and offset it a bit. Make the bottom font one color and the top font another.
            CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
            CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
            CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Hi guys, thanks very much for replying... I spent ages on the logo link trying to find where 'text only' was, then tried Tom's response which works beautifully.
              Cheers,
              Dale.
              www.madinmelbourne.com.au
              the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

Originally posted by D'son View Post
                Insert the text box, double click it like you are going to add text. Look at the font buttons (near the top of the page), click the one just to the right of the text color (it is the back ground color) and click reset back ground.
                I've got the same problem- resetting background is not solving it
                could you take a look?
                HumBird
                www.Humnew.com

Comment

Make sure that when you are trying to reset the back ground you click on the text box once (so the blue sizing handles show around the text box)then click reset back ground.
                  Reguards
                  Ed
                  www.dsondesigns.com
                  www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                  www.300hitter.com
                  www.bigjk.net
                  How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply! I'm due to make a presentation of this site tomorrow...

For me, clicking the box only once does not activate the background color choice. I'm really puzzled by this problem since I've been putting text over my photos for a long time and it always worked.
                    I did find the choice of making the text a GIF ( on the drop down menu for the text box). I did that and the background disappeared but now the text is ragged. Is there a better way?
                    HumBird
                    www.Humnew.com

Comment

Three things to try...

For type, not for your gif: Delete the trouble maker and try again fresh.

Or: Highlight the text (by dragging the cursor across it after clicking) and set the background to a color (orange, say) to see if that works on the photo, then do it again with reset option. If that doesn't work, something's messed up.

To fix your gif: When converting any text to an image (gif), put it on a black background before you convert. That way the little jaggies on the converted type will be black and grey pixels instead of white. Looks better against the photo.
                      CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                      CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                      CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. None of them worked... and then bingo! when I was setting up to make a GIF I checked once more and the background was gone. wish I knew what I did so someone else could learn from this, but I really don't know.

the black background for a GIF- (chosen from Properties on the text box drop menu, then check Convert to image, Advanced/ transparency color) - is a neat trick to know. I used it over the photo, but now I don't have to, which is great because the text is much cleaner.

I'd be sunk without this great forum- thanks again.
                        HumBird
                        www.Humnew.com

Comment

Working...
                        X