PDA

View Full Version : Page length

adrianbrookes
01-06-2009, 02:16 AM
Is there a limit to the size of a page in BV? I have an index page that is 1000 pixels wide and currently 4400 pixels long. The longer I made it, the harder it is to scroll down in BV to manage elements at the bottom of the page.

Currently, the page is 4400 pixels long but I can't scroll down that far; the slider on the right "bottoms out" at around 4260. I can't see the placement handle on the bottom of the left ruler.

Any ideas?

PS - The obvious: I don't want to reduce my page length for certain reasons.

Tom Finley
01-06-2009, 02:21 AM
Are you saying the page properties doesn't allow you to set the length as long as 4400? I've never tried one that long, but as far as I know, rt click on the background, choose "Page Properties and set the length as long as you need it--if you haven't done that all ready..

adrianbrookes
01-06-2009, 02:38 AM
No problem setting it 4400, I just can't scroll down that far, the right hand slider button is at the bottom of its travel and I'm at 4160 on the left side ruler: I can see it continues, and I have elements that are below the ones I can see, just can't scroll down anymore.

I have re-saved the page as a new name and opened that newly named page, but same problem. I have tried setting the page length in properties shorter and then longer again, but same problem.

Adrian

davidundalicia
01-06-2009, 02:40 AM
If you provide a link someone may be able to see whats actually going on......

adrianbrookes
01-06-2009, 02:44 AM
The published page is fine: its exactly what I want. I can't scroll down in BV to edit elemets on the source page.

A

www.firesleeveandtape.com

davidundalicia
01-06-2009, 02:51 AM
I just imported your whole page
changed the page properties page height to 5600
and I can scroll down way past the end of your page

Close everything down and reopen BV and try changing the page height again then save the page before scrollong down.

adrianbrookes
01-06-2009, 03:03 AM
Well isn't that interesting. I just did the same thing. Opened it on my desktop machine and no problem, I can scroll past the bottom, but on my laptop which is my "Master" machine, still can't scroll past 4200. My laptop is an older machine, screen is 1024x768; going to try an external monitor and see if the problem continues.

Thanks for the help!,

A

davidundalicia
01-06-2009, 03:05 AM
Your welcome...........and I am using a laptop as well.

adrianbrookes
01-06-2009, 03:33 AM
Looks like a hardware/video card/memory restriction-limitation on my laptop.

Thanks again,

Adrian