Naming, Saving, and Converting back??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naming, Saving, and Converting back??

I have watched all the tuts(in one sitting as a matter of fact), re-viewed the saving/naming one, and perused here. I had worked 6 hours yesterday developing papges, and saved them corrwsponding to their content, with an .HTML suffix. I shut off my computer, went to sleep, and now that I try to get back to them, I can not. The only ones I can view were the most recent ones. Should I have saved them differently to be able to view them? And, is it possible to convert them back to viewable status from an HTML save?

Re: Naming, Saving, and Converting back??

Hi, you save each page as just a name with no extensions, & each one has to be saved individually. To revert back to a normal page, open the page in BV & click on "save as", then just save as a name only. This will then automatically save the page with a .bvp extension. Then when you publish, the page will auto convert to a html page for your site.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Collectors,

Ok, thank you. But why were the tuts. so adament about making sure pages were saved in html format? I did save eeach individually, but when I returned (opened) BV later, I could only see the most recent ones. now I am not sure I can see any. I have not gone back to it yet, as I was waiting for this response.(also busy doing other things) If anything, where would the created pages be saved to? I looked in the BV folders where the other ones are, and click on the "lost" pages, and they wont open. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.
      Than you.

R.E.

Comment

Hi, i hadn't watched the video before & just had a quick look, & you are quite right in that it implies that you should save it as html. (This is not correct) Just save as a name will be fine. (VH's admin should look at this)
        On the lost page part. There maybe something wrong with your program, so it might be worth downloading the latest version. Also! when you try to open one of the lost pages. Try right clicking on the file & open with. The select the BV program.
        PS, you wont loose anything if you re-download BV again.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Collectors,

Thank you very much for your time and information. I will try the mentioned avenues.

Comment

Working...
          X