I need an ordered list of steps for setting up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need an ordered list of steps for setting up

I've been working on 2 websites in BlueVoda. I've got 3 domains to set up, (registered elsewhere.) Since the main domain/acct (solectrix.com) and the 2nd domain (augmoontea.com) both point to simple blogspot pages and are live, I thought I would do testing using a 3rd domain name (www.teaboyexpress.com), which is not anywhere on the web live. I have changed the DNS for teaboyexpress to Vodahost. But I am very confused about what all I have to do to set up these 3 domains, in which order, etc.

It would be helpful to have an ordered list of how to get the main domain set up and then another list of how to get subdomains set up. I don't even know if I can set up the testing subdomain first without having the main domain up and running.

Even to know in what order to watch which tutorials would be helpful.

Re: I need an ordered list of steps for setting up

I'm a bit confused on what you're trying to do.

Could you please state what do you mean by set up? I see that the first two sites are published, great sites by the way, but if by "set up" you don't mean "publish" then what do you mean? The "in which order" part confuses me as well.

Do you think you can be more detailed with your request so I can kind of get a feel on what your asking? Please and thank you~.

Comment

Re: I need an ordered list of steps for setting up

1. you have a main website, lets call it www.mainwebsite.com
      2. you have another website, lets call it www.2ndwebsite.com
      3. you have another website, lets call it www.3rdwebsite.com
      4. you will point all 3 websites to the same DNS server that was given to you in the welcome letter.
      5. now the 2 additional websites will be add ons not sub domains. if you make them sub domains, then the link would always include the mainwebsite and most people don't want that. with an add on each website will be separate with links and folder.
      6. the main website does not need a special folder
      7. the 2nd website will have a new folder in my documents/bluevoda - you should call the folder 2ndwebsite. inside that folder you will have an image folder, a media folder(if you have any videos) and all the pages you have saved in blue voda. you save the page the same as you would save any page, but make sure you save it in the proper folder. you home page will be saved as index. when you publish any pages in this folder you will add the extension to the public_html folder. it will look like this:
      public_html/2ndwebsit
      8. you do the same for the 3rd website.
      9. if you did this right you will have 3 index pages, one for each website, you will have 2 additional folders in my documents/bluevoda, one called 2ndwebsite and the other called 3rd website.
      10. in each folder you will have its own image, media and saved pages corresponding the the website.
      that's it. not very difficult if you organize correctly. i always like to state with situations like this a phrase once said by a very intelligent man:
      plan your work and work your plan.
      hope this helps.
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
      X