index page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• index page

I watched and read the tutorial. The written directions say to save the index page as "index" yet the tutorial shows "index.bvp". I have tried both and do not see the index page when I type the url: www.diamondheartpets.com. What am I doing wrong?

I went to the FTP site and tried to click and drag the page from the left to the right. A box appears showing files being transferred but then it doesn't show on the right hand side. I disconnect and reconnect and it doesn't appear on the right hand side. I then go back to the page, hit publish but it doesn't publish. It seems so basic but its not working....

Please help,
    Thanks

Re: index page

Kacie--

Open your page in BV and re-save it as "index", lowercase, nothing else. The way things work is like this: BV will automatically add the .bvp to save the page to your hard drive and add .html to save the page to the VodaHost server when you click on the Publish icon.

The fact that I can see a list of your files when I click on your web address means the index page isn't properly named.

EDIT: Looks like you got it already.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

I did that and it doesn't work. I have tried this for the last few days. I paid for my account about a week ago. I have created a website through blue voda before....

What else could it be???

Comment

Oh--It DOES work Kacie, if you put the URL in the address bar at the top of your browser screen. But if you put it in the search bar in the middle of the browser window, it won't work even if you do the whole http:// thing. That's totally normal; it'll likely take a few days to show up in a search.
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Working...
        X