Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to add flash video FLV files....

Hi To you all.

I am rather new to this, so I `ll just put my question....

I would like to add a video to my web page (after pressing a button). The video file is FLV not swf, cause of file size.
    How will the viewers of my site be able to see this FLV video?

Do I have to put an FLV player in my site? and how?

Hope to hear from you soon, as i will have to upload next week.

Regards

Jorick

Re: Want to add flash video FLV files....

what i would do is convert the flv file to swf and use the flash tool on left. i looked into putting a flv player up but the other option was the easiest
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

a flv file is a form of flash for playing video, there are plenty of flv players out their some better than other. and you and get free ones though tend to come with adds or link back.
      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thanks for your reply, but I`ve already tried "SWF" and the file came up to be very large in MB, the FLV file I can control the file size with a compromise to picture quality. I need to know, please, if there is some one who would give me a "how-to idea" so that my viewers would see the videos in FLV format.
        SWF format I know how to, but again, file size is large for a 4 minute video, and I have more than one video to upload.
        Thanks for your assistance guys.

Comment

Originally posted by jorick View Post
          Thanks for your reply, but I`ve already tried "SWF" and the file came up to be very large in MB, the FLV file I can control the file size with a compromise to picture quality. I need to know, please, if there is some one who would give me a "how-to idea" so that my viewers would see the videos in FLV format.
          SWF format I know how to, but again, file size is large for a 4 minute video, and I have more than one video to upload.
          Thanks for your assistance guys.
          Yes, you could contact the Dude in the above post, he can offer you a player that will hold all your videos. If you like you can contact him through one of my websites or his own ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Guys.

This is for DUDE, can you let me know how could I get this player FLV?

and my question : how do I upload the player so it plays all videos I put on my website please?

I mean, could someone tell me step by step on how to complete the procedure uploading the player and linking the videos please.

thanks to you all.

jorick

Comment

Hi this is for MR. DUDE!

Ok i looked all over for something like the above,,GREAT STUFF!,,BUT still a bit confused, i am using Cpanel and Soholaunch and would like to play FLV media using the JW FLV Player,,,,,,i would appreciate a step by step method from the begining to end of how to install this on my web page,,,if someone out there is able to provide a step by step proccess via Soholaunch builder that would be awesome,,,,,and if that is not possible via Soholaunch perhaps you can recommend another basic web site builder that will enable me to do this,,,,and will upload via cpanel.

Soholaunch help is very very poor to say the least,,,,,the other forums really suck,,:),,,so i certainly hope someone in here is able to help!!!!

Thank you
              Nick

Comment

Easiest way is to take your original file (AVI, WMV, MPEG-2) and convert it to a SWF. You can download a FREE converter HERE.

It will convert to SWF for use in BV, and reduce the size a lot. It will also convert FLV to SWF I think, but if you have the original video file, you'd get better results doing it from the original.

Then go to Insert|Advanced|Flash, browse for your file, PRESTO!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Smith View Post
                  Hi this is for MR. DUDE!

Ok i looked all over for something like the above,,GREAT STUFF!,,BUT still a bit confused, i am using Cpanel and Soholaunch and would like to play FLV media using the JW FLV Player,,,,,,i would appreciate a step by step method from the begining to end of how to install this on my web page,,,if someone out there is able to provide a step by step proccess via Soholaunch builder that would be awesome,,,,,and if that is not possible via Soholaunch perhaps you can recommend another basic web site builder that will enable me to do this,,,,and will upload via cpanel.

Soholaunch help is very very poor to say the least,,,,,the other forums really suck,,:),,,so i certainly hope someone in here is able to help!!!!

Thank you
                  Nick
                  I would suggest you contact the dude via one of his sites in his signature above and he will sort you so that you can have what you are looking for ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

you can contact me as well... e-mail me through my site and I can tell you how I added the vids to my site.
                    George
                    www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Working...
                    X