PDA

View Full Version : Help please with iFrame

Malhoeira
01-08-2009, 11:07 AM
I installed an iFrame yesterday, successfully, but when I changed the text in the framed document and republished, I lost it. The .html file is not found and I get error message 404 as well.

I saved the .doc as a webpage using Firefox. I saved the page in my BV file. That looks just like my successful launch.

But this time the page, which appears as an .htm in the left column of FTP doesn't transfer to the right. So that's the root cause of my problem.

I tried moving it manually. Seems to go but doesn't appear there.

This is a new site that I don't want SEOd yet so let me say that
http://www.mysite.org/listb.html appears on my BV page within the iFrame.

So what am I doing wrong??

davidundalicia
01-08-2009, 01:57 PM
From the info above you seem to have a .htm file on your computer and your link is looking for a .html file !!

Without the links to the iframe and the text page, cant see how we can help you any more.

Malhoeira
01-08-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm almost there but not quite. I changed .html to .htm in the iFrame, published. And moved the .htm file manually in FTP to the right section. That worked and the page showed correctly online.

My problem started when I altered the text yesterday, resaved the .doc as .htm and overwrote what was then called ******logy.htm
Not a good name because the icon is the same as the webpage ******logy.html on which the iFrame is placed.

I needed to delete a line on the successful listb.htm so I altered the original .doc, saved it as dates.htm, published and got Not Found and Error 404 again.

What's really wierd is that I deleted listb.htm from the right side of FTP, thinking it was interfering with dates.htm but dates.htm still didn't transfer to the right. So I 'moved' listb.htm back to the right, successfully. Why doesn't dates.htm move like listb.htm does? The pages seem indentical.

my webpage is www.peninsularwarxxx.org (http://www.peninsularwarxxx.org/******logy.html)
replace the xxx with 200

I tried to write the page name after .org but stars kept replacing the letters. And even when I write it just as a word, stars replace it. So
click on History on the home page and the top button on the right.

Thanks David

davidundalicia
01-08-2009, 03:09 PM
The Iframe cannot find the dates.htm
Make sure that the link is correct and that the Target is set to your Iframe name.

p.s. found your email in the spam box..........will try to do that next week........lol

Malhoeira
01-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Sorry to be so dim. It seems to me that dates.htm didn't work because it never made it to the right side of FTP.

So I went back to listb.htm, that made it to the right side. That published and can be seen on my site now.

My problem arises when I have to alter the page. I made a correction on listb.doc, saved it as Firefox webpage to listb.htm and clicked on yes, override the original listb.htm

Republished ******logy.html but the original listb.htm remained despite clearing Cache.

So I deleted listb.htm from the right side of FTP and tried to move the new listb.htm to the right. It wouldn't 'move'

I haven't republished so as not to lose what I have, the original listb.htm

There's something funny going on and I can't figure out what.

davidundalicia
01-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Send me the BV page(email attachment) and I will test it out for you sarah.

Malhoeira
01-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Have done. Check your spam box.

Thanks for all your help.

davidundalicia
01-08-2009, 06:32 PM
received...........and your welcome.