Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperlinking my sites together doesn't work

Hello,

I have constructed my so called index-page, made a template of it, and constructed other pages that I want to link with my main page with text links. However, when I link them, as explained in all the tutorials etc. It doesnt seem to work in the preview. Can anyone help me out?

Matthijs

Re: Hyperlinking my sites together doesn't work

will work properly when you publish

Comment

Okay thank you. So it is not possible to finish your website and link properly without publishing it?

Comment

No, links between pages in BV are absolute, which means that they work with the actual URLs, and so they don't work if the pages are not published. If in your page you have a link to an already existing site, that link will work.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

in other words the web builder is a piece of junk that forces be to pay money, i do not even have a credit card and they make a program which builds a site that only works on codahost? what a rip off, why are you so mean and ruthless, i thought you made a cool web builder which even a monkey could use but i cannot even see my files come together...hmph

or what do you mean

Comment

Blue Voda doesn't force you to do anything. Blue Voda provides a free website builder but not free hosting. I have been around for awhile, my favorite programing is unix, linux, object oriented programing and several others.

I personally do not like HTML so I really never bothered to master it. But html is what search engines like. I can personally say Blue Voda is not a "rip off". As proof take what you designed and duplicate it in dreamweaver mx see how long it takes you.

I am no sales man for Blue Voda either, but what they offer pails in comparision to other web site building programs out there. NO PROGRAMING KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED!!!

For your links to work you must publish and to publish you must be a blue voda member and to be a member you must part with a small portion of money.

What you do is this. Sign-up get your free domain name, build a coming soon page and publish it. Then begin the buliding your site.

The word "free" is a very vague term is can mean many things for this reason the term "open source" was introduced. I do not know too many things that are 100% free maybe air? pet121

Comment

I can see why you'd be upset since the download says pretty clearly that you must have a Voda Host account in order to publish with Blue Voda.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

so i am correct? i also noticed that when uploading on another sites it does nothing but write random letters... and there are free servers, why would 13 year old pay 29$ a month to have a game site with my forum having only 6 members? i would join this but not for a game site... i am not a mad guy who sais: yay lets host a website for 29$ where no one will join!... so i change my mind... or can i somehow put it into html so i can upload properly and actually give the web builder another chance?

Comment

Vodahost is 7.95/month on a yearly basis. And no, there is no way to publish in html anywhere else. And, Toyota costs f.e. $3000, Mercedes $8000, Ferrari $15000. Every hosting company has it's own pollicy, go for the one that better suits you.
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

i am 13...why would i need a car...

Comment

Originally posted by DELOCH
                      i am 13...why would i need a car...
                      Excactly ....
                      Navaldesign

Comment

i know i am talking is somone else's topic for far too much but for the last question, is it possible to host the web builder content into non vodahost hosting company? as if a free one until i need a real site... after all i do not want to pay for a game site while i have only 6 members... or is the web builder only working on thevodahost and no where else? because i like the web builder but i cannot convince my parents to pay 8 dollars a month for a site which does not help me in any way... although when i need a good web this will be my first selection... so yeah

Comment

Unfortunately BV is designed to only work with Vodahost servers. Some of it's internal functions work only in partnership with scripts on the server. Sorry
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by DELOCH
                            i know i am talking is somone else's topic for far too much but for the last question, is it possible to host the web builder content into non vodahost hosting company? as if a free one until i need a real site... after all i do not want to pay for a game site while i have only 6 members... or is the web builder only working on thevodahost and no where else? because i like the web builder but i cannot convince my parents to pay 8 dollars a month for a site which does not help me in any way... although when i need a good web this will be my first selection... so yeah

Deloch I am sorry didn't realize you were only thirteen. All the help you will ever need you will get either through this froum, the Blue Voda team or somewhere else.

Only if I new what Know today back when I was thirteen. You have an excellent opportunity to learn. The internet is growing daily with no signs of it stopping. Begin to learn now and I guarantee it will pay off, huge. Become to master this stuff the opportunities are everywhere.

This I did not know when I was thirteen. When I was nineteen I bought my first computer by mail order the Popular Mechanics Magazine. I really didn't do much, there was no moniter, just a blue box with a bunch of switches. So 21 years later here I am. To be honest I am little sick of typing in code all the time. But with Blue Voda there is some learnning involved, but not much and we are all here to help you out.

If you in dire need of some motivation go and visit my friends site. Type into Google Jargon it will be in positon one. You will be amazed what this guy has done since the eighties. pet121

Comment

no problem i am excellent with xhtml 1.0 transitional and it doesnt take a genious to find out to view source and take it... and secondary i can just make all the stuff which only works with the scripts on the server(ex: images JavaScript effects) not be used, so i can just use my own javascript to edit that.... but i still hand code xhtml by hand... is this allowed for blue voda if not i will just use that to have fun ...if so i will still have fun but not with so much pride

anyways thanks for lying to me guys :)

Comment

Working...
                              X