Harsh Critics Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harsh Critics Needed

This is the first website i have ever designed, it has been online a little over 7 months now. In that time our forum has built up over 500 members and we are ranked 1st on google, yahoo and msn when using "husky forum" as the keyword.

The success of the site completely outweighs the layout and design of the current site so i have decided, new year, new look.

I have published a test page so i can get some feedback, none of the links are working, this is solely to hear what people have to say about the design and layout before i go any further. www.thehuskyforum.com/testsite.html

I really need some harsh critics, i want this site to stand the test of time so that i am not re-doing it each year.

This is the current site: www.thehuskyforum.com Typically the wife prefers the current site :(

Thanks for your time

Re: Harsh Critics Needed

Your link doesn't work to the new page.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

oops, try now :)

Comment

hmmm.... I like both.... Your new one takes 3 times as long to download, and that's with very little content on it so you will need to tackle this issue. Your existing site will be favoured by the SE's at the moment, even if it's for download speed alone.

But nice work on the test site... I really like it... just speed it up a tad and you might have a few more votes.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thats a hard one, I like both for different reasons. I like the first as it is a fun, informal layout. But I also like the second as it seems more formal and polished. As I said this is a tough one, why not put a poll on your site and let your users decide. You can add a poll from fantastico in your c-panel.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

thanks for the comments, many more would be appreciated :)

Comment

i like the second one much better as it presents it self as serious and very professional looking.
              the first is cartoonish and amateur looking.
              if this is the premier husky site go for the second look.
              if i were seriously into huskies i would choose it for standpoint of credibility.
              journey462001
              www.limitationsmusic.com

Comment

I'm with your wife,,,,,,,,,,,,, I like the current one.
                I say this because I had a Siberian/malamute/wolf husky when I lived in Alaska. They are great dogs, and the new page looks very dark and scary. These dogs are not mean or bad dogs and I don't think they deserve a dark site. I looked at your other pages in the current site with FF, and you have a few lines that need to be adjusted, on the about the breed, buying a Siberian there are some lines covering text.
                This is all IMHO , so take it for what it's worth.
                Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

I like the "test", I see a great looking dog.Kind eyes..Sorry Mike..LOL I have Rotties myself.
                  Sharon Chajin

Comment

That's OK Sharon, like I said it's just my Opinion. Maybe with a different color the test would look better.
                    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
                    X