Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i create a Forum in my website?

Heya guys, I want to know how I can create a forum in my website?
    Does Bluevoda have some features to implement this or do I have to create it my own from scratch? Please give some advice, thanx =)

Re: How do i create a Forum in my website?

Originally posted by cygnus007
    Heya guys, I want to know how I can create a forum in my website?
    Does Bluevoda have some features to implement this or do I have to create it my own from scratch? Please give some advice, thanx =)
    Yes, Vodahost provides free forum script. Go in your CP, the last icon (the smiley) is Fantastico, click on it and check all the free software that can be autoinstalled from there. I'd go for the phpBB2 forum script (the very one you're on right now)
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

....or visit here http://www.vodahost.com/tut_phpbb.htm

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
        I'd go for the phpBB2 forum script (the very one you're on right now)
        This forum isn't phpbb, it vBulletin, phpbb is a free script, and vB is a script that is like $160 for a license to run on your site

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip
          This forum isn't phpbb, it vBulletin, phpbb is a free script, and vB is a script that is like $160 for a license to run on your site
          Correct, thankyou!
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I now have my forum running. How do I link it to my site?

Comment

if you want to add link in your forum you need to edit either the footer or the header, visit here but be carefull ,if you don't know what you are doing it's will screw up everything.
              will be more easy if you only change the style/theme http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/php...min_styles.htm
              Nyoman

Comment

Originally posted by kenkew
                I now have my forum running. How do I link it to my site?
                Create a link from your site to your forum. An example url would be http://yoursite.com/forum. Set the target to _blank so the forum loads in a new window.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

You guys are sooooo good. Many thanks. (Please don't die for at least 25 years yet. By that time I might have the hang of things.)

Comment

A query on Forum management: How can I enforce registration before anticipation? I have the registration bit sorted but not the method to stop access without it. I need to control who comes in. Thanks. (Bet you know this answer too, eh? How fast are you?)

Comment

Go in your administrator panel, click on Permissions, and then chose the forum you want to set permissions for.

Click on each category (view, read, post, reply, edit, delete, and so on) and set the permissions you want from the drop down menus. For example, you can set View for all users or only for registered users. You'll figure it out very easily
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Many thanks for a clear solution. Are you real or a brain in a box? Got it working as you explained but can I set it so that I accept people? It seems that after registering people can still just walk in.

Comment

phpBB is user-friendly, which counts most in a retired-expat community. People are used to it, can handle it easily. Apart from that, there are upgrades available which include more features by the time. phpBB3 for example seems to have just about all features. phpBB2 can be upgraded to it, when it is finally released. Members can get used to it slowly, no need to use all new features. It will not be completely different software.

New forums have the problem of attracting new members, if they use software not common to their target group. Building up your forum first with quality content does not depend upon the features but more upon people being familiar with the software.

Spam-robots are certainly a problem. The visual confirmation check is about useless, hopefully improved at phpBB3. But at MyBB it does not only keep Spam-robots away but also people who give up after a few unsuccessful attempts.

Hope this can help!

Comment

Working...
                          X