Contact Page Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact Page Query

There are quite a few threads on this issue but I guess I'll post mine. I uploaded my clients website, however the contact page seems to have a gliche. I did as instructed: create the page as a php, upload the success.html and the error.html pages. When I run a test, the info submits, but the success page does not load and the contact page stays. I've tried every variation possible to no avail. Here's the link:

http://www.ease2own.com/contactus.php I also noticed when I mouse-over the submit button, on the bottom left corner of the window it shows: /contactus.php

In suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
    "Don't let fear of failure be greater than your desire to succeed." - Anonymous

Re: Contact Page Query

In BV check what you have typed in the "success URL" field. Make sure you have typed the thank you page exact URL
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes, I looked in the form properties and the success.html and error.html is correct. Actually I was having better success with the original form setup with the php code installed in the thankyou page. As a matter of fact they all still work except when I used the code on this website, I was getting an error message. Oh, and one more thing...can the form be used on multiple pages?

Comment

I looked at your form page and as Naval said your links to your success and error pages are incorrect you have them going back to your contact page. I did find your succes page by typing it into the address bar so it is there, you just need to correct the URL's
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks for the input. When I look in the properties this is what I see:

Success URL: ./success.html

Error URL: ./error.html

Comment

Originally posted by dancarr17 View Post
            Thanks for the input. When I look in the properties this is what I see:

Success URL: ./success.html

Error URL: ./error.html
            Take the dots out before the slashes
            ./success.html should be just /success.html and the ./error.html should be /error.html not sure where the dots in front of the forward slashes came from but they can not be there.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Delete BOTH slashes AND dots: simply

success.html

error.html
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I tried that and it's still doing the same thing. How about this, When I use the old PHP code for the thankyou page I get this error on top of the thankyou.php

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/content/e/a/s/ease2own/html/thankyou.php on line 166

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/content/e/a/s/ease2own/html/thankyou.php on line 168

Comment

It is IMPOSSIBLE that the error and success pages exist alright, you have typed everything fine, and it doesn't work!

Please connect to your site with FTP, download the entire file of the form page, open it with Notepad, copy and paste the code here so i can have a look.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

So you are not a VH client? and you are using BV to create the site and forms?

The contact page doesn't work because BV uploads code with the form, which in your case is not uploaded.

Life could be simpler if things were as they seem...
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Yeah, I was a VH cust at onetime and for reasons I wish not to disclose, I went to another host and I found that I could still use the BV. In any case, thanks for the input though and I found the cause. I also agree that life could be simpler if things were as they seem.

Comment

Working...
                      X