Menu types.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menu types.

Can you please tell me the difference between menu bars and navigation bars and their pro's/con's. Thanks.

Re: Menu types.

BV has several different types of navagation choices, which you use will depend on your personal choice. From the top (of the choices) is called navagation (they are forms of navagation, this one is just called that when you mouse over it) these are buttons. There are many, many styles to choose from and pretty self explainitory. Next is the menu bar, this is what I use on my site, it shows (in text style) the main categories and you can add sub categories to open under or to the side if verticle. There are style options here too, default, sliding (the one I use) and fading (havent used it yet). Next is the go menu, primarily used to allow the user to choose options or specific pages. For example you have a product page with many different choices fo types of products, this would be a good choice to save space and keep a neat design rather than having them all listed out (visible all the time). Next is the text menu, this has text style links with brackets around each link. In my opinion best used as a footer only as the design aspect is not very appealing. Next is the slide menu, this is a neat one in that all of the main categories will expand to show sub categories. And finally the tab menu, this will show the links in a tab type layout. The best thing to do would be to add them to a blank page one at a time and prview it to see what it looks like, what it does and what you like the best. They all will do the same basic function, link to your other pages.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Re: Menu types.

Oh that's great, thank you very much General. What made me question was that some have "Alternate text" and some don't.

Comment

Working...
      X