Linking and publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking and publishing

Can I link to a bookmark from a sliding drop down menu? I don't see a way to, but I am really new at this. I would like to link to specific sections on a page. Also, once I have my links set up, is there a way to check them without publishing my site? I don't want to publish until I am finished with site, so I apologize to anyone who has answered my many ??'s looking for a link to see site. If I can publish without going live, please let me know!

Re: Linking and publishing

You can't test your links until you publish. You can password protect your entire site (or just set it up so it blocks all ip's accept your own, but thats a little more complicated).

I assume by the first question you want to make your dropdown menu go to a specific part of a page just add anchors to your page

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Also, you really don't publish your site in toto; you publish one page at a time. You can easily publish the pages in question and then take them back down when you're done testing. I think most people here publish incomplete pages as they are building/testing.
      CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
      CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
      CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thanks for the help. I cannot add anchors when using a drop down, though. The drop down only give my a page option, no bookmarks.

Comment

Working...
        X