aligning several text boxes and shapes on a page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aligning several text boxes and shapes on a page

I'm using different text boxes on one page so that different paragraphs can have different margins and formatting (that's the only way I could figure out how to do it, if that's right). They align properly in BV but when I preview them, they show in different places on the page. How do I get them to be where I want them to be? Thanks.

Re: aligning several text boxes and shapes on a page

How can we see to help you without a link!!!
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

As David rightly say's , without seeing your pages no one can give you an exact answer but I will guess that you are not stretching the text boxes accordingly. Many people make the text boxes just the correct width of the text inside. This often causes the text to appear on different lines than showing in the builder. Grab the blue handles to the text boxes and stretch them a little.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I can't give you a link because I don't have an account yet, I'm still writing the text for my pages (I have over 200 pages to write, but I'm just about done). I tried your suggestion of stretching the handles but that just makes the paragraphs wider, and they still are in a different position on the previewed page than on the builder. I want to have some paragraphs the whole width of the page and others only part of the width but centered on the page. It seems that all the text in any text box has to be all the same format (left, center or right). Do I have to wait until I have an account and have published the pages before I can resolve this problem?

Comment

all the text in any text box has to be all the same format (left, center or right).

That right......................using seperate text boxes is the way to go.
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Might be worth a try of placing the text into a table with 2 columns & what ever amount of rows you may need. A table tends to be a bit more stable than the text boxes.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by dovidshmuel View Post
              I'm using different text boxes on one page so that different paragraphs can have different margins and formatting (that's the only way I could figure out how to do it, if that's right). They align properly in BV but when I preview them, they show in different places on the page. How do I get them to be where I want them to be? Thanks.
              I must have ran over this same problem I do not know how many times. I have over 160 pages already and almost at 200. What it is, overlapping could be confucious if you do not place the pictures, to send behind text, or infront, or another tip, the little blue squares, bring all your text box as close together as possible. Also do not let the box expand below the text, rather let it expand to the right of the text. This helped me out quit abit. You well notice you have to apply some things first before others, or you will have minor problems, that will only be time consuming.

Hope this helps.

www.similkameen-okanagonshopping.com
              Last edited by Similkameen; 01-15-2009, 10:38 PM. Reason: need to add signature,link to my website
              Jon

"Challenge all policies and procedures regularly."

Comment

Similkameen, what do you mean by letting the box expand to the right of the text?

Comment

Originally posted by dovidshmuel View Post
                  Similkameen, what do you mean by letting the box expand to the right of the text?

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I was away for a bit.

Yes. You know when you type text, and you have those four blue little boxes around the text. You drag the top right corner to make the box as small as possible. Sometimes it will drop one line below the text. Instead you will have to drag it so it expands to the right of the text, if it does at all expand(sometimes it does not). This works as well with the rest of the logos, dropboxes, and etc. Also sometimes you will have to set images behind or infront if your overlapping,(this you should already know).

I hope i explained myself okay. If not just let me know. he he..
                  Jon

"Challenge all policies and procedures regularly."

Comment

Working...
                  X