Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing question....

Hi,
    I am having the same problems with linking as most. In one tutorial I learn to add .html to all links in my own site and yet in a response on this forum from the chief of BlueVoda, *****, he gives the answer DO NOT add .html because when published BV adds the .html automatically.
    Fine, but eitherway, how can you check if your links work? Do you have to publish all your pages to be able to see if the link works or can you do this without publishing you site on the net?

Re: Publishing question....

Originally posted by whiplash
    Hi,
    I am having the same problems with linking as most. In one tutorial I learn to add .html to all links in my own site and yet in a response on this forum from the chief of BlueVoda, *****, he gives the answer DO NOT add .html because when published BV adds the .html automatically.
    Fine, but eitherway, how can you check if your links work? Do you have to publish all your pages to be able to see if the link works or can you do this without publishing you site on the net?
    There are two different elements at work here. Whe you are creating links to pages on your site, it is necessary to add the .html at the end of them. *****'s advice was related to the way pages should be saved.

The pages need to be published before you can check the links.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi racefan,
      Thanks for your reply. That is an important aspect of this whole process that is not really mentioned in the tutorials (as far as I know....I went through them all). Is this the point where BV gets you for downloading their "FREE" webbuilder software? When you go to publish, you have to get webhosting at the same time through BV (I'm assuming). Where the problem arises is that I have already signed up for webhosting through the company that registered my domain name.
      Maybe I'm out to lunch, but is that how this works? You get all your pages done and prepared and then learn that "FREE" was a relative term?
      Thanks
      Sasha

Comment

No, "free" isn't relative at all, because it's made pretty clear that you need a VodaHost account in order to publish with Blue Voda. If you missed that point I'm sure it seems you've been "taken for a ride" so to speak, but if you've looked into the features (storage space, bandwidth, pricing, etc), then you know that VodaHost is an excellent choice for hosting your site. My advice is to get out of whatever web hosting agreement you may have and come to VodaHost. I did, and I've never regretted a second of it.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I must have missed that point. On the BV home page it asks only for username and password and then they send you the download link and the with BV anybody can make a webpage in under 30 minutes, but as far as making it obvious that you needed BV as a webhost I did not see that anywhere.
          Thanks for your opinion though because a happy user is always good news. ***** should pay you for the referrals.
          Sasha

Comment

Originally posted by whiplash
            I must have missed that point. On the BV home page it asks only for username and password and then they send you the download link and the with BV anybody can make a webpage in under 30 minutes, but as far as making it obvious that you needed BV as a webhost I did not see that anywhere.
            Thanks for your opinion though because a happy user is always good news. ***** should pay you for the referrals.
            Sasha
            If you get a look at: http://support.vodahost.com/index.ph...wnloaditemid=1 which is the page after Vodahost homepage, and is the main BV download page, you can see that there is : Please Note: BlueVoda requires a VodaHost web hosting account in order to publish

And, yes, we are indeed all happy users. Why don't you join us ?

Of course in the tutorials it is not mentioned. You are supposed to notice that when you go to the download page. On the forum instead, there are lots of posts that make it clear that you need a Vodahost account to publish with BV.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X